• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 10 2014/2015 WR prospects

Mol3m4n

That in bold is the most outrageous statement I've read in a while on here. Beckham was the only WR in the draft last year who was an elite route runner in the entire route tree. The explosiveness I'll give you, that's debatable since it's close, but Beckham's hands, routes, focus, jump ball skills, tracking skills, body control and agility were all miles ahead of Watkins, and still are. The guy has unreal talent and isn't lacking in any aspect of the game (except height but he jumps high like Smitty and has amazing jump ball skills for his height).

Cruz was only healthy for 2 games that Beckham played in and was hurt in the 2nd so he missed most of that. All of Beckham's production was when he was the only threat. Cruz wasn't taking any pressure off of him at all. Of course he force fed him, because he was wide open all the time and he had a 70% catch rate despite Eli's mediocre accuracy (Randall Cobb's was 72% with Rodgers' pin-point accuracy), that doesn't take away from his game at all. Watkins was "force fed" as well, he had just 4 less targets than Beckham and 26 less receptions. And you have no clue what you're talking about, Beckham didn't "almost lead the league in interceptions when targeted." That's some bullsh*t you're trying to make up to support your argument.

As for Eli he is one of the most inconsistent passers in the league, pro bowls or not. Vince Young was a pro bowl QB too. His Super Bowl MVPs are irrelevant to the discussion as well.

It's nice to not know much huh?

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014swatkins.php

(compare his scouting report with OBJ, not even close)

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014obeckham.php

SSI wrote an article saying how Watkins can revolutionize the wide receiver position. Watkins was the number 1 consensus offensive player in the draft, Watkins was the number 1 WR in almost every draft board, Watkins was actually drafted ahead of Beckham but apparently he wasn't a better prospect. Beckham wasn't even the best route runner at LSU much less the entire draft.

Orton and Manuel combined don't make up half the QB Eli is. And yes their is such a stat as interception per target which doesn't favor OBJ.

And pro bowls do matter believe it or not. Also what happen to Smith, Manningham, Nicks, Boss and Shockey once they left Eli? It's not a coincidence they all pretty much became irrelevant without Eli.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014swatkins.php

(compare his scouting report with OBJ, not even close)

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014obeckham.php

SSI wrote an article saying how Watkins can revolutionize the wide receiver position. Watkins was the number 1 consensus offensive player in the draft, Watkins was the number 1 WR in almost every draft board, Watkins was actually drafted ahead of Beckham but apparently he wasn't a better prospect. Beckham wasn't even the best route runner at LSU much less the entire draft.

Orton and Manuel combined don't make up half the QB Eli is. And yes their is such a stat as interception per target which doesn't favor OBJ.

And pro bowls do matter believe it or not. Also what happen to Smith, Manningham, Nicks, Boss and Shockey once they left Eli? It's not a coincidence they all pretty much became irrelevant without Eli.

I really don't care about some media scouting report. The game film shows everything anyone would need to know. 

Orton isn't much worse than Eli and if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you. His career QBR is 81.2 and Eli's is 82.4. Pro bowls are a popularity contest.Sure that's a stat but until you find me a source showing me that OBJ was the worst then it means nothing.

I really don't care about some media scouting report. The game film shows everything anyone would need to know.

Orton isn't much worse than Eli and if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you. His career QBR is 81.2 and Eli's is 82.4. Pro bowls are a popularity contest.Sure that's a stat but until you find me a source showing me that OBJ was the worst then it means nothing.

Of course you don't care cause it proves my point. I tried finding at least one article, scouting report or a mock draft that said OBJ was a better prospect than Watkins, I couldn't. Game film showed me Watkins was pretty much a first round pick since he was a true freshman.

Your really using QBR to back up your statement????

Orton is a journeyman, Eli is on pace to throw for 350 td and 50k yards, which is HOF material. Eli is also making a living of making receivers look better than what they really are.

Name one QB inducted into the hall of fame that has zero pro bowl appearances

Archived