• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As draft day draws near

99.9% of boxers, in my opinion, would get destroyed by a comprably talented MMA fighter. However, the MMA fighters who are heavy on striking would get schooled by the best discipline there is with your hands...boxing. But, in general, boxers just cannot withstand that varied attacks of an MMA fighter. Nothing against them...they just aren't equipped/trained.

A friend of mine was hanging out in a bar with Ray Mercer (former Gold Medalist and Heavyweight Champ). He described how he had no idea what he was doing in an MMA match and how he was practicing tapping with his wife the night before an MMA match. :D

He also went on to knock out Tim Sylvia in 9 seconds with a haymaker. Boxers will always have a punchers chance...espescially heavyweights.

Of course a boxer would get beat in an MMA sport. And a MMA guy would get beat in a boxing match. They're completely different sports and are uncomparable. Would be like saying Kobe Bryant would suck in the NFL and Cam would suck in the NBA. So who cares?

Of course a boxer would get beat in an MMA sport. And a MMA guy would get beat in a boxing match. They're completely different sports and are uncomparable. Would be like saying Kobe Bryant would suck in the NFL and Cam would suck in the NBA. So who cares?

Well there similarities. MMA, boxing, wrestling and kickboxing are all fighting sports. One is a discipline in the other. A boxer would excel with minimal training in a fight with a striker. Just like a wrestler would do well with minimal training against a grappler.

The point I was making was that I like MMA more than boxing even though I grew up in the 70s and 80s with some great boxing. MMA is much more dynamic and is currently run more efficiently than boxing ever was.

But I think your analogy of Kobe and Cam might be wrong. Who knows but super athletes could excel at many sports. Look at all the basketball guys who make the transition to football. And most pro athletes excelled at multiple sports at least in high school and some in college. And a few super athletes even do multiple pro sports...but not many.

Archived