• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Avengers: Age of Ultron Review

Jeremy Igo

fwiw the consensus of reviews for this are still on the positive side

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_age_of_ultron/

If I had to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down I'd probably go with a thumbs up. I can appreciate a mindless summer action flick.

But if you are looking for a movie as good as avengers or winter soldier, this ain't it.

It is better than iron man 3 though. (not saying much)

Don't worry, Igo doesn't really read comics so it still has a chance. No one is going to kill my buzz for this movie.

I've never read a single comic.

I've seen all the movies though.

I looked forward this avengers 2 for a couple years now and was left.... Meh.

If I had to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down I'd probably go with a thumbs up. I can appreciate a mindless summer action flick.

But if you are looking for a movie as good as avengers or winter soldier, this ain't it.

It is better than iron man 3 though. (not saying much)

Yeah and I think what you addressed in the OP is a reason Whedon is bowing out. In interviews I read he seemed burned out with having to juggle so many characters in one film.

The Russos are going to have a hell of a job with even more superheros in the Infinity Wars pt 1 and 2.

I've always found Thor a strange choice for a super hero. He's a major figure in Norse religion. To me it's kind of like making a comic book super hero out of Jesus Christ, that walks on water, has a healing factor, can multiply food and turn water into wine.

Wouldn't it be kind of sweet if they made a super hero that could kill bad guys by turning all of the water in their bodies to wine?

It's very good wine.

I've seen it too. Jeremy is pretty much right. As a comic fan I had a lot of issues with it as well. 

It really does just feel like a filler summer action movie. It's not nearly as fun as the first Avengers was. Yeah there's jokes and stuff in this one but a lot of them just don't work. The worst one is probably Iron Man saying that Hulk was playing "hide the zucchini" with Black Widow. That poo just made me roll my eyes. There's really no characters that stand out in this one either. Where in the first pretty much everyone had moments to shine in this one everyone just seems blah. All of the new characters they introduced fell flat also. Ultron was nothing like he was in the trailers. He was cracking jokes and one liners instead of being menacing. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are pretty much pointless in the movie. Vision just isn't very interesting at all. I also really hate how they pretty much ignore the other phase 2 movies. 

It is some cool stuff though. The Hulk vs. Iron Man fight is a really neat spectacle. The final battle with the Avengers vs. the robot army is pretty cool too. That's all standard stuff by these days standards though. No different that any gigantic CGI filled action movie. I'm sure it'll make a bazillion dollars and the fanboys will eat it up. After this one I'm glad we're getting a new directors though.

Archived