• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raiders cut WR James Jones

If he were a solid 4.4, sure-handed guy, I would be all over him.  

Boykin was the reason why the Packers were willing to let Jones walk, so we arguably have the younger, more sure-handed version right now.  Of course Boykin is no longer a Packer either, but that is because of the superior Davante Adams.  Boykin is arguably the more valuable receiver at this point (not to mention that he likely has the best hands on our team).

If he were a solid 4.4, sure-handed guy, I would be all over him.  

Boykin was the reason why the Packers were willing to let Jones walk, so we arguably have the younger, more sure-handed version right now.  Of course Boykin is no longer a Packer either, but that is because of the superior Davante Adams.  Boykin is arguably the more valuable receiver at this point (not to mention that he likely has the best hands on our team).

Is that a compliment about Boykin? From a Huddler? Holy f*%k  Hell's frozen over and that rumor about a 2+mile long comet hitting the Earth in September must be true! Everybody panic!!

Is that a compliment about Boykin? From a Huddler? Holy f*%k  Hell's frozen over and that rumor about a 2+mile long comet hitting the Earth in September must be true! Everybody panic!!

You are either being funny, or you just missed the earlier this year. 

According to Sporting Charts:

2012 Boykin had 0 drops on 6 passes

2013 Boykin had 2 drops on 83 passes

2014 Boykin had 3 drops on 12 passes

Now, admittedly, Boykin fuged up last year.  I don't know whether he was hurt, had a lot on his mind or what, but I am going to assume that an injury may have led to the drops considering Packersfan's post:

See you November 8th in Carolina. Jarett Boykin was decent for us in 2013 with 49 catches and 681 receiving yards and 3 TDs. He didn't play hardly at all this last season due to injury then Adams took his spot. I wish him the best in Charlotte. Beat Dallas and Seattle for us and we will do the same.

So if you just look at his only real season, he had a drop rate of 2.4 percent.  That's pretty damned good.  I will take that any day of the week.  

But even if you take all the numbers into account---his first year and the skewed, fuged up last year---Boykin still has a 4.9 percent drop rate, which is statistically better than any wide receiver on our roster right now (at least those who have played pro snaps).  

And to be honest, if you look at his career YAC (5.2 per Yahoo Sports), he is likely the best there as well. 

I am just giving food for thought.  

WR is the deepest position on this team, it's gonna be so cut throat at camp. Every single ball will have to be caught if any fringe guys expect to make it hard on the coaching staff.

It's crazy that after just one full yr after cutting Smitty that we're set at the WR position.

Archived