• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vick to be reinstated for week one?

Blue84

I used to hate Vick wt a passion before he was sent to jail but now i found myself rooting for him. I'm all about forgiveness so I have no problem w/t him getting a second chance and i love that Tony Dungy is his mentor. Too bad Mcnabb is going to get benched next yr for Vick when he was one of the main ones pulling for him to become an Eagle lol.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Vick is, and always was, garbage.

you people are ridiculous. If jake killed the dog would you care nooooo you wouldnt but jus because vick did it he's a bad person now. Ok he killed some dogs... Who cares!!! He didnt kill a person did he no...so you people need to get off his case gordell is already rascist as it is you got rotthlisberger raping people and he gets off fine...if vick was white 85% of you guys wouldnt care but since he's black its a big deal. I hope he gets to play against carolina and hope he does great so you people can talk about something else then him killing dogs

lol.

Those of you wishing harm on him are misguided (obviously, in my opinion). He might not be a Saint (lol), but he has served his debt to society in legal form. He will forever pay for his actions due to the scrutiny of society in general. As for any religious redemption, that is his own business. There is no need for you to try to throw in your own punishment; it is not your place, duty, nor right.

However, it is obvious that you have the freedom to think and say what you want. So, continue spewing the hate; it's only hurting you.

I agree.

Side rant**

I also believe everyone is prejudiced in some way. People who say race plays no part are naive. Of course if Jake did this crime people would be appalled. But I truly believe that if he did the exact same crime/sentence as Michael Vick there wouldn't be the same amount of hate or complete lack of forgiveness on his reinstatement to the league. There is also some financial prejudice. Some people just hate that he can make millions of dollars after doing a crime. Especially when they don't make any where near that amount.

I am a black man who lives in Atlanta and I regularly would start arguments in the barbershop (country club for black people) about how bad Michael Vick was as a quarterback. Plus the fact he used to kill the Panthers (although we had him figured out near the end). But now I support him just for the fact that lots of a vocal minority seem to have such a extreme dislike of him. If I thought it was all about the dogs I would understand but its not. I also understand how people can look at it as another black man "playing the race card". Everyone sees things from their own perspective.

I agree.

Side rant**

I also believe everyone is prejudiced in some way. People who say race plays no part are naive. Of course if Jake did this crime people would be appalled. But I truly believe that if he did the exact same crime/sentence as Michael Vick there wouldn't be the same amount of hate or complete lack of forgiveness on his reinstatement to the league. There is also some financial prejudice. Some people just hate that he can make millions of dollars after doing a crime. Especially when they don't make any where near that amount.

I am a black man who lives in Atlanta and I regularly would start arguments in the barbershop (country club for black people) about how bad Michael Vick was as a quarterback. Plus the fact he used to kill the Panthers (although we had him figured out near the end). But now I support him just for the fact that lots of a vocal minority seem to have such a extreme dislike of him. If I thought it was all about the dogs I would understand but its not. I also understand how people can look at it as another black man "playing the race card". Everyone sees things from their own perspective.

I don't know if I agree with your statement 100%, sure there are those out there that look at Vick in a different light than they would a white man, but most do not. I do believe that he got a more severe punishment than an average Joe would have got since he was a celebrity. They wanted to make a statement about this and used him to do it. He did the crime though so...

Same goes with Plaxico... if he hadn't been a celebrity and this story in the news, would he have received the sentence that he got?

My opinion is that Vick should not be punished further by the NFL at this point. If he screws up again, he should be punished accordingly, but now he needs to be reinstated and be done with it.

I agree.

Side rant**

That's your opinion. But many people who are disgusted by what he did to the dogs would be just as disgusted if Jake had done this and would not want Jake back in the league either.

If you don't believe that, then you are just playing the race card.

Think Vick isnt getting superstar treatment? Name one average joe who is a convicted felon, gets out of FEDERAL prison and becomes a millionaire? I thought long and hard about this and tried to put myself in his shoes, would I be looking for forgiveness? I think he should be able to sign with a team for league minimun, suspended for 1 yr but be able to practice with team. During the suspension he would be required to work at the animal shelter and talk to kids about animal abuse. Then if he completes these conditions he would be fully reinstated. Anyway what kind of decent person could watch dogs fighting to the death? Then if they lose kill them, not by shooting them or something quick but in a torturous fashion. Its time to start blaming Vick for his actions (which he has accepted responsibility for) and not race or culture. If you commit a crime then expect to be punished when caught. Any player convicted of a felony should be suspended for at least 1 year, I dont care what color they may be. On the other hand Jake races horses, some consider that abuse.(Just something to consider regarding culture)

Think Vick isnt getting superstar treatment? Name one average joe who is a convicted felon, gets out of FEDERAL prison and becomes a millionaire? I thought long and hard about this and tried to put myself in his shoes, would I be looking for forgiveness? I think he should be able to sign with a team for league minimun, suspended for 1 yr but be able to practice with team. During the suspension he would be required to work at the animal shelter and talk to kids about animal abuse. Then if he completes these conditions he would be fully reinstated. Anyway what kind of decent person could watch dogs fighting to the death? Then if they lose kill them, not by shooting them or something quick but in a torturous fashion. Its time to start blaming Vick for his actions (which he has accepted responsibility for) and not race or culture. If you commit a crime then expect to be punished when caught. Any player convicted of a felony should be suspended for at least 1 year, I dont care what color they may be. On the other hand Jake races horses, some consider that abuse.(Just something to consider regarding culture)

I get your point, but let's say this same guy was a gifted wall street analyst and there were companies out there that would get huge profits off of him after he was released from prison. You don't think that they would snap him up as quick as the NFL snapped Vick back up? It's all about money, don't let anyone fool you. Vick is one hell of an athlete and they know he'll put butts in the seats, simple as that. Hell, look at all the jerseys he's already sold for them.

uhm, most felons don't have million dollar talents, duh! in fact, name one average joe thats a millionare, double duh

Of course Vick is getting superstar treatment................ because he is a superstar!!!!

That's life, life is not fair/equal for everyone. It's just the way it is. Once people embrace this in their own lives, life becomes much more bearable and rather enjoyable especially if you are on the receiving end of this rule.

its not his fault hes a millionaire. The Eagles (and bengals) offered him that much money. Would you turn it down? Im sure in your head ud think "Wow this is a great way to get my life back on track....although I am a felon so i dont think i diserve it. No thanks" You think he sat down and thought long and hard about how to pay off all his debts, and he thought making 50K a year at tht construction site would be better? Blame Goodell, blame jeff lurie, even blame McNabb for bringing up the idea of signing him. But how could u blame Vick for making millions

This has to be just a rumor site, Goodell said a while ago it would be week 6 at the earliest

Not true at all. Goodell said he would tell vick BY week 6 wht his suspension would be. That means he could call Vick tomorow and let him know that he can play week 1, or Goodell could call him mid-october and tell him that hes suspended for the rest of the year. He just said by October 18th, Vick will know his punishment from the league

Archived