• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Open WWE/NXT/Pro Wrestling thread

teeray

That was a disappointment :-(

Sasha was already injured before the match tonight which is why she lost and Charlotte dropping her on her head early in the match probably didn't help.  But that match got it together and crowd was really into it in the second half of the match.  Kudos to Sasha for doing a match that risky while already being injured.  That woman is tough as nails.

Now I assume Bayley will likely debut and attempt to avenge Sasha since Paige is suspended and there are literally no other babyfaces on RAW.  Which I will be happy about, but I wish she didn't have to get shotgunned into a feud with the champ right out of the gate.

But enough about that.

Cena and AJ had the match of the night and AJ went over clean as a whistle.  That made me happy

Balor and Rollins delivered just as I suspected they would.  Amazing how fast they have pushed Balor but I am happy he won .

Everything else was meh.  The crowd just died after Jon Stewart and New Day showed up.  I don't even blame Stewart or New Day, but Brooklyn just ran out of gas.  They seemed exhausted and these damn shows are too long.  If you count preshow it was 6 damn hours

And for me, Brock Lesnar can just go the fug away.  He sucks, his matches have become stupid, he only does business for himself, he works dangerously, he shows up a couple times a year and squashes full timers busting their ass every day to get over, Ambrose even said he doesn't want to do business and is in it for himself, and he is no longer compelling to me.

Not sure if tonight was planned or was an audible from Brock's elbow, but either way he made Orton look like total shyt tonight.

On paper this SummerSlam should have been awesome, but crowd got hostile after both Enzo and Cass and Sasha lost and then just quit giving a poo only waking up a littke for Balor and Rollins (even then you could tell they were just exhausted).  They did start chanting "NXT" at the end of the PPV, in between booing the stupid ending.

Bad show overall, but had some high moments too 

Man, that was pretty lame.  Cena/Styles was amazing, but that really set you up for a let down the rest of the way.  Rollins/Baylor was good but I expected more.   Charlotte/Sasha was good.   The rest, not really.   Owens/Jericho were ok I guess.

The WWE makes Reigns career even more weird.  These "match but no match" things are getting old and I guess WWE feels if you aren't paying 50 bucks for a PPV anymore they can do whatever.   That "no match" was stupid.

I also can't believe they do that to Orton.  I think Brock actually flipped out a bit on Orton, I'm not sure they really meant for that elbow to happen, that was a nasty cut and definitely not a blade.  Most people though Goldberg was about to come out but they may have had to nix that over that cut, who knows.   I have mostly been OK with Brock being a beast and just owning people but I thought this was a chance to bring Orton back into the fold and let him maybe beat Brock or come out ahead, guess not.  

They have the talent but they just can't get it right.  

3 hours ago, Zaximus said:

Man, that was pretty lame.  Cena/Styles was amazing, but that really set you up for a let down the rest of the way.  Rollins/Baylor was good but I expected more.   Charlotte/Sasha was good.   The rest, not really.   Owens/Jericho were ok I guess.

The WWE makes Reigns career even more weird.  These "match but no match" things are getting old and I guess WWE feels if you aren't paying 50 bucks for a PPV anymore they can do whatever.   That "no match" was stupid.

I also can't believe they do that to Orton.  I think Brock actually flipped out a bit on Orton, I'm not sure they really meant for that elbow to happen, that was a nasty cut and definitely not a blade.  Most people though Goldberg was about to come out but they may have had to nix that over that cut, who knows.   I have mostly been OK with Brock being a beast and just owning people but I thought this was a chance to bring Orton back into the fold and let him maybe beat Brock or come out ahead, guess not.  

They have the talent but they just can't get it right.  

My problem with Brock is, who has come out of a feud with him looking better than they did before the feud?

Ambrose had almost single handedly built a compelling story between the two going in WrestleMania and then the match was typical BROCK SMASH one F5 and Ambrose is done.  Made Ambrose just look like a chump.

Only the Undertaker who is part time and barely wrestles had any type of compelling match with Brock

I am just over Brock

I am not really thrilled with the look of the new WWE Universal Championship.

First, it really doesn't seperate from the WWE Championship because they look identical other then the color and name.

Second, I really wish WWE would go more traditional with the belt. Both championships look too gimmicky and almost looks like a child's toy.

I am happy with who won it though. I feel Finn Balor will be good but he needs to keep the demon character going to get more over with the crowd.

Also, anyone else wish Balor and Wyatt was on the same roster? I think that would be an awesome fued.

CqbZ8JgUsAAhCZK.jpg

4 hours ago, methodtoll said:

I am not really thrilled with the look of the new WWE Universal Championship.

First, it really doesn't seperate from the WWE Championship because they look identical other then the color and name.

Second, I really wish WWE would go more traditional with the belt. Both championships look too gimmicky and almost looks like a child's toy.

I am happy with who won it though. I feel Finn Balor will be good but he needs to keep the demon character going to get more over with the crowd.

Also, anyone else wish Balor and Wyatt was on the same roster? I think that would be an awesome fued.

CqbZ8JgUsAAhCZK.jpg

Or better yet bring back the big gold belt

52 minutes ago, Lomez said:

She didn't want to be thrust into the title scene for her debut, but nevertheless here we are. At least Smackdown got Nikki Bella. 

Yeah.  That is not ideal, but with Sasha hurt and Paige suspended they literally had no other choice.

But Charlotte's character is a perfect antagonist to the Bayley character so I think it will be a pretty good feud.

WWE needs to put the title on AJ at Backlash. I think he's easily the MVP so far this year, and probably will be a lock for that designation come year-end.

AJ can make anyone look like a stud the way he bumps around the ring, and he's so good on the mic now that he's gone heel. He's also no spring chicken. It's time to start his reign and let him make stars out of the guys who chase him for the title. 

On 8/22/2016 at 10:58 PM, teeray said:

Or better yet bring back the big gold belt

I think David Shoemaker said it best when he said that the belt design itself isn't necessarily terrible...but don't hype up this massive unveiling like it's a huge deal if it's just going to be the WWE World Title plus Twizzlers. 

I personally don't mind the belt. We'll all get used to it eventually, just like we do everything else. Also, I kind of dig those Smackdown title belts more than the RAW version.

smackdown-tag-team-titles-wwe-wwe-backla

Just saw the Lesnar/Orton match from Summerslam.

So......was that a work, or did Brock just throw potatoes? Orton seemed to be doing fine. Sold everything well, made Lesnar look good, had the tides turn. Was he not supposed to kick out after that F5? Was the F5 supposed to be it and Lesnar got mad? Because it just felt uncomfortable to watch. I don't know if there was backstage heat with these two or not, but that ending certainly didn't seem scripted. Somebody help.

Archived