• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time for Predictions...

firstdayfan

I know we still have a week to go before Philly but I figured what better way to mark the end of the preseason than to make some predictions. Plus maybe we won't have to read about a dozen prediction threads throughout this week. Ok, (best Joker impression) here we go:

Week 1: Eagles @ Panthers, This is a big game but the Eagles are much like us in that they have a new coordinator on defense and they have had injuries. The fact that it is at home helps but I just feel confident that we can make plays against their defense, it also helps that their offensive line hasn't played all that great so far. Win 23-17

Week 2: Panthers @ Falcons, First divisional game and I really don't think the Panthers will be able to slow down Turner and that offense. Jake and company can ultimately make some plays but they won't get the chance because the Falcons will eat up the clock. Loss 24-13

Week 3: Panthers @ Cowboys, A lot of people were upset about the early bye but it looks pretty good now. We get the bye after a Monday night game and hopefully in time to get things fixed. Loss 17-10

Week 4: Bye

Week 5: Redskins @ Panthers, Generally we don't play well against them in the regular season and we will have to deal with all those annoying Skins fans in the crowd but I really don't think they will be good this year. Win 21-13

Week 6: Panthers @ Buccanears, We will get our first road win this week against a team that is at least a year or two away. Win 20-9

Week 7: Bills @ Panthers, We actually have a pretty nice stretch after the bye where we can get on a run. The bills will be tough and this could be one of those games that Jake plays awful in but I think we pull it off. Win 17-14

Week 8: Panthers @ Cardinals, I think the Cardinals will come back down to earth this year but I think they will make enough plays at home to keep us at bay, the streak comes to an end on a last second field goal. Loss 31-28

Week 9: Panthers @ Saints, Another tough road test that will be high scoring, we will really know a lot about our defense after these two games. Too bad they are on the road. Loss 27-17

Week 10: Falcons @ Panthers, Upset about the last two games the Panthers make a statement against the Birds at home. Ready for another run? Win 31-13

Week 11: Dolphins @ Panthers, The team is starting to turn the corner here and the dolphins are beginning to slump. Win 17-6

Week 12: Panthers @ Jets, The defense wreaks havoc on poor Mark Sanchez and Peppers comes away with 3 sacks while Jake throws two picks in a defensive struggle. Win 13-9

Week 13: Buccanears @ Panthers, Bucs come to town after just switching QB's for the second time during the season but the defense doesn't show up and almost lets one get away. Win 24-21

Week 14: Panthers @ Patriots, Foxboro in December? Thanks. Loss 23-10

Week 15: Vikings @ Panthers, Farve and company ruin another 8-0 season at the Bank. Loss 17-14

Week 16: Panthers @ Giants, Another road game against this team late in the season with a lot on the line. Not AGAIN! Win 16-13

Week 17: Saints @ Panthers, Panthers wrap up the division just barely with a win against the Saints at home. This one is gonna be tough. Win 23-21

That leaves us with a 10-6 record and a playoff berth as the NFC South Champ, we went 7-1 at home and 3-5 on the road. This record has a lot of sway in it and the Panthers could finish much worse at 7-9 or may be able to squeeze out one more win and finish 11-5. I also think the Falcons will be 10-6, Saints 8-8, and the Bucs 3-10. With that said I could really see the Saints making a big jump and those records between them and the Falcons could easily be switched. The good thing about this season is that everyone in the South has tough schedules. What do you guys think?

One of the, if not THE best supporting casts on offense will help Jake look serviceable once again and we're going to outscore a lot of people. However, our bottom-feeding defense will prevent us from having a chance to go to the playoffs.

Great offense, crappy defense....sounds like a mediocre team to me.

I won't predict each game, but I see 7-9 in our future. That's revised down from just a few weeks ago.

You know, I just realized something from this, we don't have more than two consecutive road games, and only two division games which come one after another. While this schedule is tough on paper, the way it's actually laid out isn't as bad as it could have been.

You know, I just realized something from this, we don't have more than two consecutive road games, and only two division games which come one after another. While this schedule is tough on paper, the way it's actually laid out isn't as bad as it could have been.

I agree and after the bye and Saints game we have really good chances to get things going against teams that may or may not be that good. It will give us a chance to get on a roll and put some wins together before getting to the brutal stretch there towards the end of the season.

I'm hoping we can finish at least 9-7 and hopefully secure a wild card spot. Anything less than that will have Pantherland in an uproar and people will be calling for Fox's head on a stick. The Bill Cowher speculation will run wild. I'm not saying that should happen, but there are high expectations around here and we all know how people would react to a losing season.

The fact that someone can predict our defense as bottom feeder based on a Davis-less, Beason-less, and Kemo-less preseason is beyond me still. We get two back on week one and will fill in the other somehow.

There is lots for the Panthers to work out but the talent on this team will keep it far from the "bottom-feeder" variety

Week 1: vs. Eagles - L

Week 2: @ Falcons - L

Week 3: @ Cowboys - W

Week 4: Bye Week

Week 5: vs. Redskins - W

Week 6: @ Buccaneers - W

Week 7: vs. Bills - W

Week 8: @ Cardinals - L

Week 9: @ Saints - W

Week 10: vs. Falcons - W

Week 11: vs. Dolphins - W

Week 12: @ Jets - W

Week 13: vs. Buccaneers - W

Week 14: @ Patriots - L

Week 15: vs. Vikings - W

Week 16: @ Giants - L

Week 17: vs. Saints - W

NFC South Champions!

Divisional Playoff Game: vs. Seahawks - W

NFC Championship Game: vs. Eagles - W

Super Bowl: vs. Patriots - W

SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

The fact that someone can predict our defense as bottom feeder based on a Davis-less, Beason-less, and Kemo-less preseason is beyond me still. We get two back on week one and will fill in the other somehow.

There is lots for the Panthers to work out but the talent on this team will keep it far from the "bottom-feeder" variety

I agree, teams get better and worse throughout the season let alone after the preseason. This is no time to make judgements about the defense. I think even at the bye we still won't quite know what they are capable of.

Week 3: @ Cowboys - L

Week 6: @ Buccaneers - L

Week 9: @ Saints - L

Week 11: vs. Dolphins - L

Week 15: vs. Vikings - L

6-10

thank you Defense

I agree, teams get better and worse throughout the season let alone after the preseason. This is no time to make judgements about the defense. I think even at the bye we still won't quite know what they are capable of.

problem is the Defense was average at best at the end of last season. Arguably below average after the Giants game where we peaked.

Kemo is out of the yr, nobody there to replace that hole that is any good. Even if the rest stay healthy there is no reason to expect a Defense that is atleast Middle of the Pack(what we need, best case scenario).

Its up to Meeks to work wonders.

5-11

We'll start 0-3. Jake has up and down season again with more downs than up. Several nagging injuries on our Oline causes Hurney to bring in stragglers to patch the line - as a result our running game suffers. By midseason there will be full uproar calling for the end of the Hurney/Fox/Delhomme era and ushering in the Cower era.

Let the hating begin! :P

Week 3: @ Cowboys - L

Week 6: @ Buccaneers - L

Week 9: @ Saints - L

Week 11: vs. Dolphins - L

Week 15: vs. Vikings - L

6-10

thank you Defense

I'm saying 5-11 but you may be spot on with this. 6-10 more likely but I'm sticking with 5-11 cause I'm a pathetic pessimist.

Archived