• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Projection Update

Jeremy Igo

All things being equal, Rivera will go with Bersin because he is a known commodity. He likes guys he "has gone to battle with"

A real good coach would take into consideration  "he went to battle with  and succeeded with"

Bersin can look good at times early in preseason and during the year. Playoff time he wilted like my grass did this summer.  I'm just not sold on the golden boy. The catch Boykin had on the sidelines to keep drive alive I don't know if bersin would make.  Hell the pass to bersin earlier in the end zone he couldn't get off the line to get to back corner where pass was intended he finally got there but too late and couldn't get his feet In bounds    Just not tough enough when it matters the most.

But my opinion ain't for $hit. I'm sure Richardsons neighbor makes the team for the next 10 years

It might be interesting to start a new thread on Practice Squad candidates, and particularly any "intelligence" about who's at risk of being claimed by another team if we stash them there.

I was just browsing another much inferior site... known here as "derp", and there was a comment thread on Friday's game which turned into a debate over the likely 53 man roster.  There's one commenter who seemed pretty knowledgable about our UDFAs and what other teams had shown interest.   Here are a few things he wrote which caught my eye:  (bold is mine)

Cox could be a difference maker but he needs time to develop. I believe however placing him on the PS squad is to risky as the Vikings also wanted him as a UDFA. Cutting Horton & adding Cox to the final 53 makes the most sense to me. I said in a previous post this was a guy to watch in the preseason and I was right.

RB Depth is solid, who do you choose, Todman looked good from the line of scrimmage but not returning kicks, Ward chipped in on blocking plays, Wegher seems to play with no fear and grabbed the game winning TD shovel pass from Webb. Whittaker is clearly not an every down back and we saw why last night he just isn’t big enough to run through the tackles every snap but as a scat back he is awesome. Artis-Payne looks like a great fit for us as well. We all know that Stewart , Tolbert, Whittaker, Artis-Payne are locks to make the final 53. I wasn’t impressed with Todman returning kicks at all and that was suppose to be his calling card hopefully he breaks one in preseason so that he has a shot to keep a roster spot b/c I believe from what I am reading from around the league a lot of teams would love to have Wegher so he may make the team.

from here: http://www.derp/2015/8/15/9159795/carolina-panthers-buffalo-bills-final-score-takeaways-cam-newton#321603100

The same commenter also thinks Byrd would be picked up from the PS, though in that comment it seems purely his opinion.

So:  among Cox, Wegher, Byrd, Ward...  who among these are we most "at risk" of losing if we place them on the PS?  If anyone has intel, please share it! 

It's so much fun getting to play imaginary GM and try to craft a perfect roster.  But boy, I'm glad I don't have to really make such choices.  Gettleman's got a tough job!

• 2 weeks later...

i wonder who you expert is picking to go home. LOL!!!! it won't be Browning. Looks like someone in that Carolina Panthers organization is looking pretty smart....looks like the number 11 receiver is about to move up a few spots. I wonder when the play was called Big Ron said...I need you to go win it for me because these other 10 WR that are ranked above you by the media is high-on keep dropping the ball. I was told you came from a fast pace PRO STYLE OFFENSE. Show me what we brought you here for.

Browning cut. 

You were saying? 

• Pie 1

Ok!, I was wrong about Browning. I was at the game Saturday. when I saw that Browning wasn't going to play I realized he was no longer a Carolina Panther. However I hope we bring him back. Because the kid can play. We are keeping a guy [Corey Brown] that has demonstrated that he can not catch the ball. Prediction Carolina will finish 2-14 not because of the defense. the Carolina Offense will seriously struggle to put up points. Dropped balls and fumbles will plague the WR corps. leading to the termination of Ron Rivera. Rivera will not be termed for wins & losses but more so his inability to correctly evaluate and keep young talent and Gettlemen will follow

If you are relying on "the media that matters" LOL!!!! name a media person that is signing game checks or paying for team research. Browning is not there for a look and see somebody believes this guy can play. If he plays his butt off and earns a spot...someone is going to look very smart. People like you...well, you know what happens   

SportCenter...media that matters LOL!

Browning cut. 

You were saying? 

Ok!, I was wrong about Browning. I was at the game Saturday. when I saw that Browning wasn't going to play I realized he was no longer a Carolina Panther. However I hope we bring him back. Because the kid can play. We are keeping a guy [Corey Brown] that has demonstrated that he can not catch the ball. Prediction Carolina will finish 2-14 not because of the defense. the Carolina Offense will seriously struggle to put up points. Dropped balls and fumbles will plague the WR corps. leading to the termination of Ron Rivera. Rivera will not be termed for wins & losses but more so his inability to correctly evaluate and keep young talent and Gettlemen will follow

I'm pretty sure if either Gettleman or Rivera are someday "termed", absolutely nobody will cite the release of Paul Browning as one of the mistakes that brought them down.

I'm pretty sure if either Gettleman or Rivera are someday "termed", absolutely nobody will cite the release of Paul Browning as one of the mistakes that brought them down.

that will be true considering that Browning and some of the other young WR do not ever develop better than average careers....But Corey Brown will be the name that is cited