• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Article out Philly

panther4life

enjoy..

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/columnists/20090908_Paul_Domowitch__Panthers__offensive_line_works_well_together.html

Paul Domowitch: Panthers' offensive line works well together

By Paul Domowitch

Philadelphia Daily News

Daily News Sports Columnist

WHEN THE EAGLES open the 2009 season in Charlotte on Sunday, a unit that was considered one of their greatest strengths going into training camp 5 weeks ago will be one of their biggest question marks.

No one - including coach Andy Reid - really knows what to expect from a renovated offensive line that didn't take a single preseason snap together.

Left guard Todd Herremans still is recovering from surgery to repair a stress fracture in a foot and could be out until next month. New right tackle Shawn Andrews missed all of training camp and the preseason with a cranky back. His brother, Stacy, the team's new starting right guard, played in just one preseason game after having January ACL surgery. New left tackle Jason Peters missed time with a quad injury.

"I'm not going to say it's going to take a lot of time [for them to get on the same page], but it will take time," Reid said in June when discussing his new and supposedly improved o-line. "Those five guys have to be dancing the same dance."

Here's a little something extra I found....Stacy Andrews says he isn't concerned about Peppers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090908_Eagles_Notes___Peppers_no_worry_for_Eagles__Shawn_Andrews.html

Peppers no worry for Eagles' Shawn Andrews

By Jeff McLane

Inquirer Staff Writer

Shawn Andrews hasn't played in a game in almost a year, hasn't played at tackle since college, and hasn't practiced much this preseason.

If those facts aren't enough reason for concern, the Eagles offensive lineman has the additional challenge of facing one of NFL's best defensive ends this Sunday in Carolina's Julius Peppers.

Andrews' response: What, me worry?

posted already

something tells me that a little confidence could go a LONG way with this group. It looks like the team knows who is going to be around now and now its time for them to make some commitments to each other and get some work done.

With a little luck they can be just good enough. Fortunately that's all they need to be.

Archived