• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about Kony Ealy!

Wundrbread33

Several wanted Jarvis Landry paired with Kelvin Benjamin. Better value given what the Panthers needed.

Ealy still gets too wide and over pursues. Teams do not even consider wasting a double team on him. Sacks from being unblocked are not impressive. He still has a lot of work. He will be the primary target for any opposing team's running game.

Also, comparing a DE who does not require double teams to a DE who required double and triple teams should be avoided.

Go take a look at Hardy's 2013 game log.  7 of 15 sacks against craptastic jabronies on the Giants and Falcons.  Another 3 against Armstead in his first game.  5 others sprinkled throughout.  Ealy had a sack against Joe Thomas and a respectable outing against Solder.  Not bad.

He was left unblocked with his sack, but he was able to track down the QB. 

I like what ive seen from him so far. But, we must be reminded its not his talent or flashes that are the concern, its his consistency. 

yeah, he's a sink or swim DE at this point. The one thing that's consistent is his lateral ability to chase down a ball handler across the line...sideline to sideline. He's easily our fastest DE. 

I think we'll get a mixed back from him as he is still learning and seems to get lost at times. Great prospect for sure, just glad we have TD behind him to help makeup for Ealy's mistakes or when he gets swallowed up.

If you watch him on the sack last night you see the talent, watch the next play too.

The LT takes him inside and makes Brady slide to his left, Ealy then does a spin move and winds up right in front of Brady and forces an early and bad throw.

He's a keeper, just has to keep working on his strength.

came here to post this very thing. The play after the sack was great. Perfectly played and a great display of strength, speed and disruption. 

Several wanted Jarvis Landry paired with Kelvin Benjamin. Better value given what the Panthers needed.

Ealy still gets too wide and over pursues. Teams do not even consider wasting a double team on him. Sacks from being unblocked are not impressive. He still has a lot of work. He will be the primary target for any opposing team's running game.

Also, comparing a DE who does not require double teams to a DE who required double and triple teams should be avoided.

he definitely needs to put on some bulk and add to his mean-streak and as he grows, he'll lose that deer in headlights he seems to get when he gets pushed away from the play while getting swallowed up. Needs to build up his foot moving and develop a strong signature move that other teams have to account for and plan against. 3rd year DEs are generally the when the development translates to the field.

I really haven't had that many qualms with his pass rush. I expect him to be inconsistent in that aspect. He's a year 2 DE.... He has the tools, but he still has to polish up. I have been more worried about his run defense. I see him out of position way too often. I want him to be able to play 1-2 and some third down. I think Addison is a solid rotation guy to put in at third down and pass rush. That's why I think Ealy's run defense and overall game is more important than just his pass rush. 

Archived