• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2-0, and yet...

@bobbyagnese

The only thing local beat writers are mentioning or writing about is how we haven't played a good QB. How about the fact that we lost one of the best young receivers in the league to a ACL injury? Or how about the fact that we've played both games with one or more elite defenders sidelined by injury? OR how about the fact that our extremely-young offensive line just manhandled one of the best defensive fronts in the league? Would it be so hard to write the same article over and over about those things? Heaven forbid there be positive journalism in Charlotte.

Well poor QB play is huge.  It has by far the biggest impact on a team.  Bad vs simply good QB play can dramatically change all aspects of a team. 

That said, wins are still wins and all good teams build there record beating those teams....and winning just a couple of the tough ones. 

The thing about the media is.....they dont matter. In college they might since they have a poll (not sure if that is relevant anymore).

There are no polls to influence playoff eligibility. The media has no influence. Just winning. If you follow a team for media justification you are doing it for the wrong reasons. 

Well, we play a media darling this week coming off a home loss to arguably the worst team in the league. The media will pick us to go 0-16. However, we were 2-0 last year too before getting embarrassed by Shatsburgh on National Television. I just want to put the Aint's in their place.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but journalist's don't exactly always get to write exactly what they want. Not only that, but they aren't always necessarily "fans" of the team, with the same viewpoints and opinions as us. On top of that, some of the things they publish are ways for them to get clicks, views, comments, etc.

If they post something like "Panthers are 2-0 w/o Benjamin, Luke, and Star". Nobody will click on it and the comments will just be like "YEAH! GO PANTHERS!".

But if they post something like "Panthers haven't beat an elite QB yet". This sparks conversations, attracts attention, demands clicks, and all that stuff that the media is there for.

This is the side of journalism they don't teach in school. 

I know. And I'm not just talking about The Observer. It's independent media entities as well. And I'm not saying everything has to be sunshine and rainbows, but pointing out SOME of the positives would be nice.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but journalist's don't exactly always get to write exactly what they want. Not only that, but they aren't always necessarily "fans" of the team, with the same viewpoints and opinions as us. On top of that, some of the things they publish are ways for them to get clicks, views, comments, etc.

If they post something like "Panthers are 2-0 w/o Benjamin, Luke, and Star". Nobody will click on it and the comments will just be like "YEAH! GO PANTHERS!".

But if they post something like "Panthers haven't beat an elite QB yet". This sparks conversations, attracts attention, demands clicks, and all that stuff that the media is there for.

This is the side of journalism they don't teach in school. 

well, good for you. I said the same thing, only with like 1000 less words.

:)

Archived