• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deon says Panthers & Steelers in the Super Bowl

GRWatcher

i dont care what scheme you have....why would you not want a 6'4 corner with great ball skills that used to be a reciever?!?!?!?

You are so right. It really pisses me off that we didn't pick him and it pisses me off even more when i look at ur sig lol. I pray Martin will develop to be a good CB or FS but I doubt he will be good as Sean Smith. The dude is 6'4, has ball skills, and has speed! WTF were The Panthers thinking? I don't want to hear about scheme, that is such bs! Sean Smith has so much potential it's ridiculous. I think he has the potential to be the next Nnamdi Asomugha. Bill Parcels is great at drafting talent and had to be laughing his ass off when we passed on him.

And for the record I really hated the FO for picking a S to play CB over a guy with Smith's obvious skillset and potential. BTW hows he's speed looking.

well ive notcied alot of teams have tested him deep alot......with no success.....i just think even if he gets beat, with his freakish size....the qb has to make a perfect, out in front over the back shoulder throw to get over the 6'4 smith, long reach, he has great timing, ball skills, and hands....(he went to utah as a receiver)

he is still a rookie, he will make mistakes, he has to make the right reads, trust his safety when he has help over the top, not jump slants too fast etc etc

but honestly, i am very very excited about him.

williams was an obvious selection that he fell so far

if it wasn't a heavy FA RB market that year he would've gone top ten, maybe top 5

I was saying that he has been one of the consistent playmakers on our team the last couple years. Man his pass pro must have been horrible to stay behind Foster so long.

well ive notcied alot of teams have tested him deep alot......with no success.....i just think even if he gets beat, with his freakish size....the qb has to make a perfect, out in front over the back shoulder throw to get over the 6'4 smith, long reach, he has great timing, ball skills, and hands....(he went to utah as a receiver)

he is still a rookie, he will make mistakes, he has to make the right reads, trust his safety when he has help over the top, not jump slants too fast etc etc

but honestly, i am very very excited about him.

Crap. You suck

Crap. You suck

i wanted smith with our #25 pick.

we took vontae davis.....he is the exact opposite of smith, plays the run well, good man to man coverage......decent zone coverage.....pretty good ball skills....

then we took pat white #44 (wtf)

then we trade down a few picks......and still land sean smith.

i was ecstatic. i wanted clint sintim and smith......i got smith, i can live with that. :D

i wanted smith with our #25 pick.

we took vontae davis.....he is the exact opposite of smith, plays the run well, good man to man coverage......decent zone coverage.....pretty good ball skills....

then we took pat white #44 (wtf)

then we trade down a few picks......and still land sean smith.

i was ecstatic. i wanted clint sintim and smith......i got smith, i can live with that. :D

Parcells, what can you say. I think hes better in that roll then as a Coach.

I think we would have won the SB last season, if Jake hadn't played like the worst QB I've ever seen. This season is a different story. I just don't see how our defense is going to keep teams like the Eagles from scoring under 30pts. Our soft zone won't work, so we need to blitz (I like the fire-zone blitz) and hope to 1.) Cause QB fumbles, 2.) Injure the QB, 3.) Instill a state of terror in the QB, 4.) Block his view, 5.) Make him move, ect. We can't sit back and wait for the front 4 to get to the QB. We need to blitz way more than usually imo. The talent just isn't there on the DL to wait for them to do something. Peppers and Brown will be held, and even if they get a good rush they will be pushed wide of the QB. I just don't want to see McFlabb out there looking like Joe Montana against our friendly, extra soft zone.

I think we would have won the SB last season, if Jake hadn't played like the worst QB I've ever seen. This season is a different story. I just don't see how our defense is going to keep teams like the Eagles from scoring under 30pts. Our soft zone won't work, so we need to blitz (I like the fire-zone blitz) and hope to 1.) Cause QB fumbles, 2.) Injure the QB, 3.) Instill a state of terror in the QB, 4.) Block his view, 5.) Make him move, ect. We can't sit back and wait for the front 4 to get to the QB. We need to blitz way more than usually imo. The talent just isn't there on the DL to wait for them to do something. Peppers and Brown will be held, and even if they get a good rush they will be pushed wide of the QB. I just don't want to see McFlabb out there looking like Joe Montana against our friendly, extra soft zone.

you must not have seen pennington against the ravens the week before :(

Archived