• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about a little love for Pep?

unicar15

When did he ask to be a financial burden to the team?

The only thing I remember him asking was to be allowed to play for another team after the natural expiration of his contact.

I can see not liking the situation. I don't understand blaming Pep for being franchised.

Never mentioned "franchised".........you did.

And thanks for bringing that up. I can blame him for saying he didn't want to be here, and what I have talked about FOREVER, him being improperly used with his talent.

More blame to come...........

Oh yeah....I can also look at his dumb ass agent(along with the org), and him....for believing he was worth so much more than he thought he was worth.

Seymour just got traded for a 1st round pick....and Pep couldn't warranty anything close to that???

:rofl:

Now you see my mindset, plus you can add more D-linemen/O-linemen, CB's worth a poo, and on and on and on.

To be handcuffed by a player that half asses it, making that kind of money....sorry but I don't like it, and don't care who doesn't like what I don't like.

He has crippled this team.....PERIOD. You want him...come get him. :D

Peppers didnt cripple us...the FO did

Never mentioned "franchised".........you did.

Stop doing that. It's going to kill your argument, which is a very valid one.

I thikn it's just obvious that Peppers, and most players, don't play for the "love of the game." If they did, they wouldn't have absolutely huge price tags. It's a sport, not nuclear physics.

Ummmm, why would any fan ACTUALLY care what money a player is making? It does not make one scrap of difference if he were making the vet minimum or the entire cap to us fans. Can you disagree with it? Yeah of course you can, but the people who run and own this team value the guy that highly. The Big Cat would have signed off on it, or at least told Hurney what he expects, so if the guy who created this team believes in this guy, why can us as fans have a problem?

Oh of course, people pay to watch these guys, so automatically that means they have a 'right' to give a player abuse for a decision the guys in charge made. Unfortunately the vast majority of income from gate receipts goes towards maintaining the stadium and it's daily operations - NOT player wages. All that stuff comes from investors and sponsors, the guys who actually do make a financial commitment to the team, not a few hundred bucks.

Face facts. Peppers has posted some of the best sack numbers in the time period he has been in the league. Whilst doing this he has also singularly won games for us, been a complete player against the run AND never once spoken out about the team whilst he was contracted to the team (yeah he said he wanted to test free agency, who wouldn't?). Name one DE who has actually won games for their teams from Peps era. Name one DE pass rusher who has been as good against the run as Pep is at sacking the QB. Does he take plays off? Yeah of course he does, he plays as close to 100% of the snaps as possible, so he would be a super hero if he could go all day long every day against guys bigger than him. There is a reason most teams employ a fierce rotation along the DL. It is simply one of the most physically demanding jobs in the game. Wake up and face facts, not one single DE can bring it on every play. Most, as soon as they see the play is without of reach, will disengage and try to catch their breath.

Just get over it guys.

Ummmm, why would any fan ACTUALLY care what money a player is making? It does not make one scrap of difference if he were making the vet minimum or the entire cap to us fans.

It's easy: because it can hinder the team. So, why would a fan not care? If a player is taking up a huge chunk of the team's budget, then there is no room for others on the team. One player does not make a team.

I understand the motivation for your post, however, and agree with you. On the basic level, a fan shouldn't care. However, this forum isn't really for "basic" fans.

I will never understand the mentality of player haters who, when a positive thread is posted on said player, have some biological NEED to vent their ire in it when there are plenty of OTHER threads where they do just that.

The thread is inviting people to come in here and "player hate."

How about a little love for Pep?
That's directly asking people who dislike Peppers to show a little love. If someone already loves Peppers, the thread does not apply to them. Even if you disagree with this, the title itself is baiting and goading "haters" to come into the thread.

I will never understand the mentality of player haters who, when a positive thread is posted on said player, have some biological NEED to vent their ire in it when there are plenty of OTHER threads where they do just that.

I don't like him...simple.

What promotes your biological need to drool all over yourself when anything about the Patriots are mentioned? It clearly comes through, even on the computer, and I hate having to constantly wipe that sh1t off of it.

Same thing...different wording.

Peppers is nowhere near as bad as some are making him out to be and it's a pretty shitty time to bring it up now. This decision was made. It was the wrong one but it's too late now. That said this board is the proper place to share said frustrations.

I hope we all keep our negative opinions out of B of A this Sunday though...please!

Archived