• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jared Allen Asked to be Traded to Carolina

Varking

According this this article,  

As for Allen, the trade to the Panthers was a topic the player broached first, and sending him to Carolina allowed a player ill-fitting of the 3-4 system to find a home while allowing the Bears to dress Willie Young, a better fit for them. As for Bostic, his inability to stay healthy made him expendable.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else but it is pretty cool that a player has no ill-will and sort of looks out for two organizations at once. He understood the Bears needed to rebuild and he was playing out of position.  The organization respected him enough to trade him to a NFC contender in Carolina when they likely could have sent him anywhere for a 6th round pick.

I think this was posted somewhere on that hectic Monday or Tuesday whichever day the trade was, but no issue with me. Props to the Bears GM for allowing a respected veteran like Allen to look for a trade partner. This is a win win win for the Bears, Allen and the Panthers.

Archived