• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

panthers/eagles matchups

rayzor

just in case you want to read something...

look at smitty vs. asante, panther LBs vs. eagle RBs, panther secondary vs. eagle receivers, eagles dline vs. panthers oline.

should have looked more at panther dline vs eagles oline. DTs might not look so bad this week mainly because of how shoddy the eagle line is. DEs could look good.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2009/09/12/panthers-vs-eagles-monster-match-ups/

Good write up buddy, although I have a few comments. The first being that I think the secondary got exposed in the preseason which was a good thing. I think they should get things squared away back there and be a little better come Sunday. As you pointed out a good pass rush will help the secondary and I think we should be able to apply some pressure (if we don't it will be a huge disappointment given the current state of the Eagles oline). Problem is we have to come up and make the tackle on the underneath stuff, if Jackson is affored the opportunity to get the ball in space it could be a long afternoon.

The other thing I was going to mention was that I think our defensive line will play a huge part in this game. More so than our oline against their dline. Peppers needs to be absolutely disruptive against Peters (didn't look good this preseason) and Winston respectively. I also think Everette Brown and Charles Johnson will be big factors and look for Leonard to get in there and create a little push as well. If we can't get pressure on McNabb then this game will be over quickly.

I don't expect Smith to have a big game by his standards as I think they will not force the ball to him with Samuels covering, maybe a smoke route or that deep cross that he and Jake love so much. I do however, expect a couple of big catches by -gulp- Kenny Moore. I know, I know it remains to be seen if he'll even be active but I really think Jake feels comfortable with him and his special team ability will get him a jersey. I also look for the Panthers to take advantage of the weak middle with the tightends...all of them.

I agree its a tough one to call but I have to go with my gut on this one, something just doesn't feel right. Eagles win 23-17.

Not his typical side of the line but I'm sure he'll make his way over there plenty in the opening drives of the game and if it works for him he may line up there all day.

This game was not a good way to start the season and unless something gets fixed in a hurry it's going to be a long season.

Archived