• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sister in law in ICU

JefDav84

Hello fellow board members,

Wanted to post here because I do not want to take over the football board.  If the mods would like to move this to get more exposure that would be awesome.  

My sister in law was admitted to the hospital Friday evening after being sick for over a week.  Turns out after testing she had suffered a stroke and had bleeding on her brain.  She was rushed from Novant Matthews to Novant uptown Friday evening.  Her Blood pressure was 290/160 which they believe caused the stroke. At first she was going to be rushed to uptown for emergency brain surgery to stop the bleeding in her brain.  In the 15 mins it took me and my wife to get to Novant Matthews the bleeding had stopped.   The scar tissue from the stroke was actually swollen which assisted in stopping the bleeding on her brain.

She has been in ICU care for the last few days and scheduled for an MRI tomorrow to see if anything else is going on.  As of right now the only thing major is she is suffering from memory loss.  They are unsure if some stuff will come back for not.  Anything within the last 2 months or so she does not remember at all.

If anyone is able to donate that would be awesome, but if not just share with as many people as you can.  This is the best fan base in the world and consider this a family.  Please also keep her and the family in your thoughts and prayers.  Also want to throw a shoutout to my man Zaximus on here.  He and his wife are family, and have helped us out this weekend tremendously.

https://www.gofundme.com/6g94qphw

Keep Pounding and Go Panthers

Jeff

Thanks so much for the support everyone.  I will try to provide regular status updates to keep everyone in the loop.

Today was a very tough day for all of us.  Instead of improving it seems she stayed the same or maybe even got a tad bit worse.  For example she does not remember what month it is, or the year.  She knows who everyone is which is good, but simple stuff she just gets confused with.  

We were told later this evening that this was normal for day 3, and it is usually the hardest.  They believe once the swelling goes down in her brain she will continue to improve, and should gain most of her memory back.  The MRI tonight revealed she may have suffered from 2 different strokes, but still as far as they can tell there has been no real physical damage.  As far as physical stuff goes she is able to get up and walk with assistance which is really awesome.

We will begin to know more in the next few days, and I will share all updates.  Thanks again for all of the support.

Keep Pounding and Go Panthers

Jeff

Quick update:

SIL was moved from ICU this morning to a normal room.  Still dealing with some spiking high blood pressure issues, but overall she is on the road to full recovery.  Each day is a little better, and and memory is starting to improve.  Thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes.

Archived