• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will you be happy with just a good showing?

top dawg

The way that the pre-season went, in regards to us looking out of kilter (particularly on defense), would you be happy if we had a good showing in a losing effort? I know that moral victories really don't exist in football, but it's only the first game against a team that is arguably a top contender in the NFC (from a week 1 standpoint). Deep down, would you get a sense of satisfaction with JUST a good showing?

Expecting a win, I'd be disappointed with anything less.

But not only are the Eagles considered a top NFC contender, I believe ESPN's power rankings has them at #4 in the NFL. I think that's mostly because they've been sucking off Mike Vick, because we're ranked like 14th and I'm pretty sure we're a better team.

The way that the pre-season went, in regards to us looking out of kilter (particularly on defense), would you be happy if we had a good showing in a losing effort? I know that moral victories really don't exist in football, but it's only the first game against a team that is arguably a top contender in the NFC (from a week 1 standpoint). Deep down, would you get a sense of satisfaction with JUST a good showing?

I am not approaching this season with a sense of pending loss prior to the first snap. Panthers fans have to be the most pessimistic fans on the planet. Any given Sunday baby. I think we are going to shock the country again. Final score 31-10 Panthers with DeAngelo going for 125 and 2 scores, a TE (likely King) going for at least 80yds on drop offs across the middle, Smitty scoring once, and D. Jarrett showing up with a fade to the right corner.

Let's go CATS!!!!!!

They usually start the season a bit slow so though I will be unhappy if they lose, I won't think it spells TEH DOOM. And I don't expect a W today anyway. Losing while looking good can cut either way depending on the mindset of the team IMO.They could feel OK we are better than this and just kind of blow it off, or it could inspire them to correct things. Week 1 is almost always a weird week anyway.

Archived