• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Fans Who Left At the Half

pamlicopanther

It looks that way EVERY game of the year. People wait until the half to go get their food and go to the bathroom and can't make it back in 12 minutes. So yes, when you see the game after the half it will always look empty...always. Now...were there empty seats and the end of the third? Yes. Why? Fans left, and also that side of the stadium (the side you see on TV) gets direct sunlight the entire game. Sitting there in 90 degree heat during a blowout = suck.

But as you said, "when the second half started". Keep watching. You'll see this every game. People are still getting food and beer.

This was me. I scored 7 club levels on the 45 sunny side. My wife has not been to a game in about 3 years and took some friends whose wife had never been to game. Thought it was a good chance to get the ladies fired up about the Panthers and was expecting a good game. After a half of baking in the sun, we went to cool off and get some cold ones that would stay cold. The girls never made it back out and after that performance, I should of stayed inside too. Won't be able to shave for three days.

It was embarrassing to watch and be a fan of. You can't blame anybody for checking out early on that one.

I was nervous about being one of the last people wearing a Panthers jersey left in the eagles stadium. The walk of shame back to the parking lot was torture. If it wasn't for how clean the streets were I would have thought I was in philly. Can't blame anybody for leaving early. The sorry ass psl owners that didn't show are to blame. They can all go to hell!

Any person on this board who was not at the game for even one second cannot criticize anyone on this board who was there for more than that.

Please get off your self-rightous toadstool.

Being at a game doesn't make you a better fan or void of critisim.

That said, if anyone was to leave early, Sunday was a day to do it.

Please get off your self-rightous toadstool.

Being at a game doesn't make you a better fan or void of critisim.

That said, if anyone was to leave early, Sunday was a day to do it.

NEVER said it makes me a better fan.

My point is ... I won't criticize YOU for not being there (whatever your reason), if you don't criticize ME (or others) who are there and don't stay the whole time (for whatever reason).

For the record, I have never, ever left a game early.

Why do Panthers fans do this? I am watching the game and when the second half started it seemed like half of the stadium was empty. Great way to show loyalty to your team.

Many of us left our seats and stood close to the beer lines. Because after that horrible showing, we needed to drown our sorrows.:frown2:

NEVER said it makes me a better fan.

My point is ... I won't criticize YOU for not being there (whatever your reason), if you don't criticize ME (or others) who are there and don't stay every time.

For the record, I have never, ever left a game early.

I actually believe you.

Sorry having old fan vs fan arguement flashbacks. :out:

If we didn't have the PSL's in place, changes would have already happened.

But since fans can't choose not to purchase season tickets, the only way to show disapproval is to boo, and stop buying merchandise and beer.

I think that was all done yesterday.

Actually not as much as you think.

PSL's easily change hands, and many of the "wine/cheesers" have sold out over the 8-8 7-9 seasons.

It isn't a PSL'er problem, it's a Stadium Atmosphere and Culture of Charlotte problem.

So many Transplants, OtherFans, and Social Eventers around the area make for a poor home base.

The Stadium has many bad stories about home fan abuse that give it a bad vibe from time to time. Charlotte just isn't a gritty town, and the "family" atmosphere scares a lot of diehards away.

Archived