• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Back Off Delhomme

Vertical Asymtope

I just personally cannot agree with you guys, say whatever you want about me, question my knowledge, question me as a fan, but I will continue to go to games in my Delhomme jersey and support him. I firmly believe he will turn this around. I cannot sit here and blame him when he had 3 eagle defenders in his face every single play. Did he have a good game, no by no means did he. Is his career over? Absolutly not just wait until next week. You question me as a fan but you are bashing the QB of your team, who John Fox has already stated will be the QB next week.

So instead of everyone bit ching when you know that he is not going to get replaced, why dont you guys show some support. I forgot the season ends after week 1.

bahahahahahahahaha

You seriously get rep for this, cause that was PURE COMEDY LOL

Oh trust, Jake WILL GET REPLACED WHEN THOSE SEATS COME UP EMPTY AND BOO'S START TO HAPPEN. AND WHEN THOSE L'S PILE UP. AND IT WILL

You sound like Fox. Delhomme is 34 in half years old. HIS ARM IS GONE. Age caught up with him and TJ surgery did too. Ball power and accuracy is gone. His instincts is gone. His confidence is gone

You cant play the game forever and still be great. It is what it is

Man this place falls to sh!t after the rough games... nothing new, but damn... Everyone gets so wrapped up in drama; hardcore fans telling other hardcore fans they aren't fans because they have different viewpoints. We are all fans, we all are entitled to our own perspectives.. I guess some people vent Panthers anger and frustration by bitching and moaning to an audience.

...and the drunken fans add SO MUCH to the discussion

not sitting on any high horse, just annoyed

I really like Jake and I love what he has done for us but I think he needs some time on the bench to light a fire on him and get himself back on track. For nearly his whole career here he has had no competition and personally I think it has made him weaker as a player. And yes there were things that were not his fault, the protection was terrible but he did same things he has always done when things go bad like this. The thing about it is I don't see improvement from him. He missed the throws that needed to be made and both Smitty INTs were his fault by under throwing him both times. However I also thought the play calling was bad but its not like we saw Delhomme try to do anything about it.

BUT it is week 1 which is something we all need to keep in mind. However if Delhomme does this again it is Moore time.

Man this place falls to sh!t after the rough games... nothing new, but damn... Everyone gets so wrapped up in drama; hardcore fans telling other hardcore fans they aren't fans because they have different viewpoints. We are all fans, we all are entitled to our own perspectives.. I guess some people vent Panthers anger and frustration by bitching and moaning to an audience.

SO glad rep is turned off

Okay. I am not defending Jake. Nor am I at all satisfied with the way the TEAM played today. Let alone any of our 3 QB's.

But posters are saying that the 1st INT to Smitty was Jake's fault. It was not. The play happened right in front of us. After Jake threw the ball (it was a beautifully thrown ball btw), Smitty tripped and was falling down when the ball got there. The CB was pushing him away from the ball as it got there. So it seems that Jake threw it behind Smitty but he really didn't. He threw it to where Smitty was before he started falling down.

Okay. I am not defending Jake. Nor am I at all satisfied with the way the TEAM played today. Let alone any of our 3 QB's.

But posters are saying that the 1st INT to Smitty was Jake's fault. It was not. The play happened right in front of us. After Jake threw the ball (it was a beautifully thrown ball btw), Smitty tripped and was falling down when the ball got there. The CB was pushing him away from the ball as it got there. So it seems that Jake threw it behind Smitty but he really didn't.

It got tipped by a LB before it got to Smith. The other 3 INTs and fumble....thats on Jake.

I just personally cannot agree with you guys, say whatever you want about me, question my knowledge, question me as a fan, but I will continue to go to games in my Delhomme jersey and support him. I firmly believe he will turn this around. I cannot sit here and blame him when he had 3 eagle defenders in his face every single play. Did he have a good game, no by no means did he. Is his career over? Absolutly not just wait until next week. You question me as a fan but you are bashing the QB of your team, who John Fox has already stated will be the QB next week.

So instead of everyone bit ching when you know that he is not going to get replaced, why dont you guys show some support. I forgot the season ends after week 1.

Ok...I took a deep breath...Ok...Maaaaannn take the BoJangles chicken out of your mouth and stop sippin' the sweet tea!!... Jake is not good anymore...it comes a time when a player just can't do what he use to do...Tyson found out, Jordan found out and popular singers find out that the magic just is not there.. Jake is done...yes he is our QB and I will cheer hard for the Panthers and cuss like a sailor when they screw up..I'm a fan but this is a business and the business is winning not losing...Oh and the jersey thing...good luck..I'm going to get the famous 00 jersey with my name on it..it's safer and you will not have to explain as much why your QB sucks..:D

You guys sit here and make it seem like John Fox is some kind of idiot not replacing Jake Delhomme. John Fox is one of the most respected coaches in the National Football League. Players rave about Fox and how hes a players coach. If you ever listen to Michael Strahan speak, he loves Fox. I remember reading an article where a source said if John Fox was fired he knows for a fact that 5 teams would fire their coaches to hire him.

So if Delhomme is so bad why is it that Hurney and Fox have so much confidence in him. And dont tell me there are no other options because they just signed him to an exstention.

People I feel bad for the man(Jake) that he is this bad but really.....he needs to go. They are all ints one way or another....all go on his stat sheet. What are we gonna blame Smith for running to fast and thats y jake threw behind him? no I dont think so......

It got tipped by a LB before it got to Smith. The other 3 INTs and fumble....thats on Jake.

That ball got tipped at the line of scrimmage, and was wobbling when it get in Smittys general area.

Maybe so but I'm also telling you that Smitty had tripped and was falling before the ball got to him. IMO if he wasn't falling he would've caught the ball, tipped or not. The CB did not have a good position on the ball before Smitty started to go down.

D@mn Killer, let it go! :redface:

Archived