• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who doubted Jonathan Stewart potential Production this year?

Match.com

20 hours ago, Mol3m4n said:

I don't know how that has anything to do with my original argument. 

the chiefs have better backups and a good OL, so they had the ability to just plug in their backups when Charles went down with an injury and they still produced pretty well. even better when you consider that other teams can stack the box against Alex Smith because he won't make them pay with his arm or his legs.

if something happened to stewart, the run game effectively goes back to being almost entirely on Cam, unless CAP is able to start producing with the majority of the snaps going his way. it would seriously limit our ability to put up points if teams were able to just drop extra guys back into coverage because we cant make them pay with a bruising and tough run game.

4 minutes ago, KintnerBoy said:

I never doubted his ability to produce just the ability to stay healthy all year. I still wish DWill was with us and playing like he is in PA right now. Double Trouble would be on tour.

williams has holes big enough for a full size chevy to drive thru behind pittsburgh's oline. he would not do as well here.

3 minutes ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

williams has holes big enough for a full size chevy to drive thru behind pittsburgh's oline. he would not do as well here.

I know what you're saying but its hard to tell. He did get fat and lazy here then once he got fired he lost 20# and got a change of scenery. Might've motivated him but it doesn't matter. He gone now. Double Trouble is just a hard thing for me to let go of. So fun.

1 hour ago, KintnerBoy said:

I know what you're saying but its hard to tell. He did get fat and lazy here then once he got fired he lost 20# and got a change of scenery. Might've motivated him but it doesn't matter. He gone now. Double Trouble is just a hard thing for me to let go of. So fun.

people have this impression that williams left carolina and found a new lease on his football career.

fact is, williams went into pittsburgh's minicamp in the same condition he left carolina. when minicamp was over, tomlin told him he had to lose weight.

williams has a quiet history of having lazy work ethics.

Honestly, I thought Stewie would suffer more from the loss of Williams this year. I really figured that his bruising style of running would have him broken down by mid-season after carrying the load by himself.

I was SO WRONG. Completely off base and in error on this one.

Stewie has been that punishing back and carried the workload throughout the season. Early on it looked like I might be right, but after a couple of games, he kept building momentum and just started steamrollering opponents. He's playing like a throwback running back, an Earl Campbell kind of guy.

I've always liked Stewie and have been a fan since he first joined the team. He's got a good heart, conducts himself as a great member of the community, has talents well beyond the game and he really does give it his all on the field, always has. I just thought he benefited from the running back by committee approach. Maybe he did and maybe it saved him up for this kind of season, but the guy runs like a champion.

Archived