• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good article on NFL.com about the Panthers

MadHatter

10 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

And I don't see how that's imaginary. The guy literally wrote that Cam is "seemingly selfish at times." I don't really give a sh*t when people criticize Cam, they have every right to if they want. What you posted just isn't a good article.

This article is basically a Panther's blowjob and y'all bitchin' they ain't fluffing us right.

Here's the quote in context:

"Aside from being undefeated, the most discussed storyline off the field about this squad might be Newton's seemingly selfish-at-times personality. Soon, however, it could be time to see this team for what it really is."

Essentially he's saying that's a narrative about the Panthers but it's based on not really understanding the team. I'll agree it's not clearly written, but it's not a slight against Cam or the Panthers. 

12 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Even aside from that it wasn't a good article. None of it was interesting at all and it was all over the place. Just not well written. Sorry I don't just love every article complementing the Panthers. Just because it's complementary of the team doesn't mean it's good.

We complain when an article does not say cam is GOAT...and complain when they write an article singing his praises.

i just don't get sone of you guys.  You seem to be looking for things to be offended by...even when they are not there.

12 hours ago, thomas96 said:

And I don't see how that's imaginary. The guy literally wrote that Cam is "seemingly selfish at times." I don't really give a sh*t when people criticize Cam, they have every right to if they want. What you posted just isn't a good article.

He us saying that some may think that is his personality ....but s closer look and those that know him see that it is inaccurate.

he is basically saying that those outside the org and who don't know cam are wrong about their assertion.

that is s compliment to cam...not an insult.

14 hours ago, MadHatter said:

Jesus Christ....I swear some of you do nothing but try to find some imaginary slights on the panthers and Cam in everything written.  There was nothing in that article that was in any way insulting nor critical of cam.

Stop imagining poo.

Hopefully success cures this fanbase inferiority issue. Remember that a significant portion here were pretty much competing in the offseason to see who could be the most derogatory towards our players, coaches,  management, and ownership.

10 minutes ago, csx said:

Hopefully success cures this fanbase inferiority issue. Remember that a significant portion here were pretty much competing in the offseason to see who could be the most derogatory towards our players, coaches,  management, and ownership.

I really think the issue is not with the fan base.....just those in here.  I think the avg age of posters in here is about 15 yo

24 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

I really think the issue is not with the fan base.....just those in here.  I think the avg age of posters in here is about 15 yo

True.  The fans I associate with in reality don't exhibit the same behavior. It's an online thing.

2 hours ago, MadHatter said:

We complain when an article does not say cam is GOAT...and complain when they write an article singing his praises.

i just don't get sone of you guys.  You seem to be looking for things to be offended by...even when they are not there.

I haven't complained about anything. Don't bundle me in with other people you've seen posts of around here. I have nothing to do with them. I just didn't think this was a good or interesting article. I don't get offended by what people say about a football team I root for or a QB I root for. That's ridiculous.

2 hours ago, MadHatter said:

He us saying that some may think that is his personality ....but s closer look and those that know him see that it is inaccurate.

he is basically saying that those outside the org and who don't know cam are wrong about their assertion.

that is s compliment to cam...not an insult.

It was poorly written and that wasn't made clear, you're assuming all that. Even if his intent was to call Cam the GOAT and clear MVP and to say that Cam should be declared a Saint by the Pope or whatever, it wasn't a well written article. That's all I was saying. It wasn't a good article. I'm not offended by it or any sh*t like that, I just didn't like the article. I'm sorry somebody disagreed with your opinion on something. Get used to it.

56 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I haven't complained about anything. Don't bundle me in with other people you've seen posts of around here. I have nothing to do with them. I just didn't think this was a good or interesting article. I don't get offended by what people say about a football team I root for or a QB I root for. That's ridiculous.

It was poorly written and that wasn't made clear, you're assuming all that. Even if his intent was to call Cam the GOAT and clear MVP and to say that Cam should be declared a Saint by the Pope or whatever, it wasn't a well written article. That's all I was saying. It wasn't a good article. I'm not offended by it or any sh*t like that, I just didn't like the article. I'm sorry somebody disagreed with your opinion on something. Get used to it.

I thought his comments of "seemingly" and "what is really us" made it pretty clear that he was saying that those who thought he was selfish was wrong.

3 hours ago, MadHatter said:

Except nowhere in that article were they "singing" Cam's "praises".

Again, if you're going to say someone is "seemingly selfish", it might be best to address the matter that you chose to introduce with evidence one way or the other.  Unless, of course, all you're trying to do is leave an impression.

Mission accomplished.  But you media nut huggers will continue to deny it.  (Since I'm a Cam "nut hugger" it follows that you're a media "nut hugger", right?)

4 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Except nowhere in that article were they "singing" Cam's "praises".

Again, if you're going to say someone is "seemingly selfish", it might be best to address the matter that you chose to introduce with evidence one way or the other.  Unless, of course, all you're trying to do is leave an impression.

Mission accomplished.  But you media nut huggers will continue to deny it.  (Since I'm a Cam "nut hugger" it follows that you're a media "nut hugger", right?)

Thanks for proving my earlier point.

You guys are like 15 yo girls who are convinced that every other girl in class is trying gateau your boyfriend.

When there are no insults and slights in an article....just manufacture them in your head.

That article was a flat out positive fluff piece on The Panthers.

Archived