• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Explain to me why you feel Peppers earned a million yesterday

g5jamz

if anything...this is more of an indictment on Hurney and the FO than it is Peppers...but I'm just asking do you think he earned a million yesterday.

Let's not pretend that Peppers doesn't disappear during the season.

Nobody in a Panthers uniform earned their money yesterday, but Peppers was still hustling and making plays even when the game was out of hand and there were about 40 Panthers fans left to watch it, so there is no reason to blame him anymore than anybody else.

wow this thread drips with fail sauce the man played great,it doesn't matter if there a stacking turd under center,peppers still has to fight his way through pro bowl caliber o linemen(possible).and who in the hell has scrubs as ST players.......literally the most important positions in football.The game wasn't over in reids eyes in that case he would have killed the clock.Was it worth a mill.....no but in my opinion none of the football players deserve a million dollars a game.

wow this thread drips with fail sauce the man played great,it doesn't matter if there a stacking turd under center,peppers still has to fight his way through pro bowl caliber o linemen(possible).and who in the hell has scrubs as ST players.......literally the most important positions in football.The game wasn't over in reids eyes in that case he would have killed the clock.Was it worth a mill.....no but in my opinion none of the football players deserve a million dollars a game.

:lol: This

I'll take that as a no.

I want to see him in the backfield...unstoppable...requiring double-teams (which he is not)

I want him to be the x-factor.

if anything...this is more of an indictment on Hurney and the FO than it is Peppers...but I'm just asking do you think he earned a million yesterday.

Let's not pretend that Peppers doesn't disappear during the season.

I don't think any ball players are worth more than 1-2 million a year in any sports

But the beast of the matter is their market pays it

If your boss were to pay you say $1 million a day I'd say you weren't worth it either.

But you would still take the cash anyway

So whats the point ?

Nothing he could do this season outside of 3 sacks a game would allow his current contract situation to be acceptable.

Even then, the 16 million we are paying this season should have been packaged together as part of a 30-40 guaranteed package over 5 years or so.

That would make his cap # a lot lower, and even if he signs the 5 year deal in the off season the 16 million from this year is long gone and in mumbles bank account.

If they wanted to keep him in the future, then they should have resigned him. If they didn't, then they should have moved him one way or another.

What is up with all the Peppers hating threads today???

Why don't you compare him to the 100 million dollar man who was playing a WAY less mobile QB than McNabb and other top DE's in the league.

Albert Haynesworth... 4 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 PD, 0 blocks, 0 FF.

Terrell Suggs... 3 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 PD, 0 blocks, 0 FF

Jarred Allen... 0 solo tackles, 1 assisted, 0 sacks, 0 PD, 0 blocks, 0 FF

Dwight Freeney...2 tackles, 1 sack, 1 PD, 0 blocks, 0 FF

What is up with all the Peppers hating threads today???

Why don't you compare him to the 100 million dollar man who was playing a WAY less mobile QB than McNabb and other top DE's in the league.

Albert Haynesworth... 4 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 PD, 0 blocks, 0 FF.

Terrell Suggs... 3 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 PD, 0 blocks, 0 FF

Jarred Allen... 0 solo tackles, 1 assisted, 0 sacks, 0 PD, 0 blocks, 0 FF

Dwight Freeney...2 tackles, 1 sack, 1 PD, 0 blocks, 0 FF

Wow, all those guys must suck now. j/k

Good post for the retards who can only look at stats (not that Peppers had bad stats anyway).

When you get right down to it, anyone can make an argument against any player getting paid what they do. They get paid what the teams are willing to pay them, so there's no point in getting upset over it.

Archived