• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#CAMVP confirmed

Rags

Cam should win it, even if the game is lost tomorrow. Cam has done more than Carson with less. Carson has pretty much had his go-to's all season. Cam has had to make it happen and been without his top receiver. He had to rely on Ted Ginn and we know how that is. Through it all, he's found a way to win. I think they win tomorrow and he wins MVP easy. 

My two favorite quotes in the article.

“Newton has raised his level of play this season, and who knows how many touchdown passes he would throw for if he had Carson Palmer’s receiving corps,” said Fox Sports’ John Czarnecki. “I’m not convinced Carolina would even be a .500 team without him.”

Don Banks, a senior writer for SI.com, wants to crunch some more numbers before casting his final vote. But he said Newton has the look of the league’s most valuable player.

“If the season ended today, Cam Newton would get my vote for MVP,” Banks said. “And my rationale would be this: I don’t always know how to define the parameters of what an MVP is, but I know one when I see one, and Newton consistently has been the biggest difference-maker in the NFL this season.”

Also, Paul Domowitch already had his mind made up to not vote for Cam. His reasoning for voting for Carson Palmer just shows his ignorance. Domowitch just cares about stats.

1 minute ago, FootballMaestro said:

Well, not only that.

But (knock on wood), when has Carson Palmer ever been known as a top flight QB to depend on??

That's true. 

Like I said before, the people who will vote for Carson Palmer don't want Cam Newton to win the award.

They want to find any excuse to vote against him.

If Andrew Luck wasn't injured and was having the type of season Cam is having, he would be the unanimous choice, but for some strange reason, Cam has to be perfect to be the unanimous choice.

11 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

That's true. 

Like I said before, the people who will vote for Carson Palmer don't want Cam Newton to win the award.

They want to find any excuse to vote against him.

If Andrew Luck wasn't injured and was having the type of season Cam is having, he would be the unanimous choice, but for some strange reason, Cam has to be perfect to be the unanimous choice.

The media just isn't into Cam like that unless he's pissing someone off. Sad to say, but it's true. I watched First Take I believe and the narrative was that Cam can't be MVP because of the schedule they have and that the defense has carried the team and Cam has had all of his key players. Never mind the fact that he lost his number one receiver in training camp! I just don't think they like him, for whatever reason. I agree with you, let this had been Carson Palmer having this season and there would be no question. I think (I hope) Cam wins for himself and for Little Chosen Sebastain and sits it next to his Heisman and quiets the critics. 

27 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

The media just isn't into Cam like that unless he's pissing someone off. Sad to say, but it's true. I watched First Take I believe and the narrative was that Cam can't be MVP because of the schedule they have and that the defense has carried the team and Cam has had all of his key players. Never mind the fact that he lost his number one receiver in training camp! I just don't think they like him, for whatever reason. I agree with you, let this had been Carson Palmer having this season and there would be no question. I think (I hope) Cam wins for himself and for Little Chosen Sebastain and sits it next to his Heisman and quiets the critics. 

Please don't take First Take seriously. It's a scripted fake debate show and Skip Bayless is a troll.

I agree with your point about some people in the media hating on Cam though.

21 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Please don't take First Take seriously. It's a scripted fake debate show and Skip Bayless is a troll.

I agree with your point about some people in the media hating on Cam though.

Oh no, I don't take them serious at all. Especially Skip. He reminds me of a mental patient. Im not sure why I still subject myself to that show but it's always interesting to hear what excuse they have next for why Cam can't be MVP or why the Panthers aren't for real 

Archived