• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: How long have you been a Jake Hater?

Panther_Fan

Like others have said, not a hater. But I have finally lost my confidence in his ability to be a starting quarterback in this league. For whatever reason, he's lost his mojo and I am tired of trying to defend him anymore.

same here. i hate that i feel this way, but it's life. Jake is no longer trust worthy.

Don't hate him, think the guy has a lot heart and at point was a damn good QB. As I've said before...I want to see consistency from the QB position (even if it is Jake). I want to see REAL competition come and challenge Jake for the starting gig (think he performs better when that competition exists). Honestly I don't even want him off the team, think he would be an awesome #2. But I also, believe his time as starter has passed. Think Fox is to blame in a lot ways for the bad performances and it starts with, not being serious about getting a quality QB to push (or yes even replace Jake) and it snowballs (with the team as whole) from there on.

We do not need an elite QB to make a consistently winning franchise, but that QB has to take care of the ball. Take the damn sack, throw it away, cover it up, or hey...how bout doing some check downs. I still believe we need a to involve pass catching TE's more. They serve as a quick pass relief (safety blanket, if you will) for QB's and our dumbass coaching staff will not use our TE's that purpose. The running game opens up the passing game and yes, the passing game opens up the running game. I think any QB that comes in here under Fox, is at a disadvantage as that safety net is not really there. Even with other running teams, their TE's seemed to more involved in the passing game than ours. Think Jake is at least one option/weapon short (as are the rest of our QBs that come in for him). JMHO

the 2005 seahawks game i gave him another chance,then in 2006 he had two games that really piss me off the eagles and the redskins game,in 07 he showed that maybe he was seriously changing his attitude and mechanics....8td one int.but then 08 he drop the ball,and 09 looks no different so there it is all my chips on the table.

I don't understand this crap. Its like you want our QB to fail which will make our team fail just so your hate can be justified.

Has Jake played terrible the last year? YES but that doesn't mean he has been a bad QB before that point, look at the stats. hell even last year he took us 12-4. Look at his stats, look at his win loss record and look what we have done as a franchise without him.

Also how could you hate him in 07 when he was playing freakin fantastic and then we lost him for the season and had a crappy year?

People let there emotions form there opinions far to much.

I understand you are all mad but you guys are retarded. Why hate the best QB this franchise has ever had and the one guy that actually got us to the Superbowl. His abilities are gone. He's getting old. And he was never a natural to begin with. I think he gave it his all for this team day in and day out. I never found him to be selfish or purposely do anything to lose a game for us. He's been a class act in Carolina for his entire career and I am actually sad to see him go.

If you want to hate someone hate the guys who let him go on for much too long way past his prime. Hate Fox who is way too freaking cocky and stubborn.

And honestly for those of you that say that it was Smith that made Delhomme look good....which a lot of it is true lets please also realize Delhomme has not exactly had any other targets to hit the past 7 years either.

JD and Smitty have basically been our passing offense for the past 6 years. Just 2 guys. I am pretty sure sooner or later this was going to happen and other teams were going to figure that out. They did. End of story.

The management has been horrible for our team for the past 3 or 4 years. Look at the Patriots. Even when they didn't need another great receiver they went for Rodney. Ochocinco has been traded a gazillion times. So has To. So has many other great receivers yet the Panthers haven't had ONE of those guys at least spend one year with Smith in Carolina. No we went and brought back Moose, 3 years too late.

Management has been crap. Its been run by loyalty not by making sound decisions. Bu it just seems so much easier for you guys to put it all on one guy.

Sorry, I'm a Panthers fan first, not a Jake Delhomme fanclub member. If he's making the team worse, then by all means...

iceplayer.JPG

hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

Archived