• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Fox era is almost over. Forget the Superbowl for 2 years.

PantherFanForLife

We already have one of those guys on our team minus the SB win IMO.

You really think our players follow and trust Fox? poo we got that mediocrity thing down pat.

Oh I'm sure Jake loves Fox, but the rest? It will be interesting to hear what is really said when he leaves.

I'm sure we could ask Jenkins, he wouldn't hold back.

As for Cowher, if he would come here just as the coach and not GM+coach, that would be my selection.

I've seen no evidence anywhere that players distrust Fox. If it comes out later I'll believe it, but I've seen nothing like that thus far (just the opposite).

And as I've said elsewhere, Cowher succeeded surrounded by the Steeler system, and still took 15 years to win a Super Bowl. I'm unconvinced he wouldn't just be the next George Seifert.

You guys just like Gruden because he's awesome on Monday Night Football.

I also like him because he likes us. Nothing but nice things to say about our players. Plus he knows and is more familiar with our stadium, staff, players and coaches than any other coach in the NFL. Heck as many times as he has faced Fox's team...he could probably start running our team tomorrow.

Plus it would be great to have the guy that spends a good portion of each season studying and exploiting our weaknesses coach us. He knows exactly where to start fixing problems.

Not to mention he also knows our divisional rivals.

I've seen no evidence anywhere that players distrust Fox. If it comes out later I'll believe it, but I've seen nothing like that thus far (just the opposite).

And as I've said elsewhere, Cowher succeeded surrounded by the Steeler system, and still took 15 years to win a Super Bowl. I'm unconvinced he wouldn't just be the next George Seifert.

So the teams play is evident of what?

What are they lacking? Why aren't they trying as hard?

Do we have poo players in reality, whereas most think we do have talent?

You think we have poo coaching or poo players, or both?

I saw a lot of football this weekend, and our appearance on the field was a rare sight in this weekends NFL.

So the teams play is evident of what?

What are they lacking? Why aren't they trying as hard?

Do we have poo players in reality, whereas most think we do have talent?

You think we have poo coaching or poo players, or both?

I saw a lot of football this weekend, and our appearance on the field was a rare sight in this weekends NFL.

Yep, even the Raiders would have kicked our ass last week. Hell based on week 1 you could say we are the worst team in football. Based on week 1 that is.

so we are 0-1 and your ready to fire everybody and trade the whole team?

in case you forgot there are 15 games left. the season is NOT over.

yes something needs to be done about jake.

yes fox and company need to make some adjustments or its gonna be a long season

but the reality is like it or not jake is the QB there's no better options available.

Fox is the coach, and unless we finish with a three or four win season (which i don't see happening) fox will prob be here at least next year too.

so if your ready to write the next two years off. please go away. and stop making these ridiculous threads. what this team and the fan base needs right now is fans to get behind this team and support them through the good and the bad. and not more fair weather fans that wana pronounce the season is over after week 1

:rant:

jake is no longer our best option..we need to give matt moore a shot

id like to see matt moore get a shot also. but not yet. if jake plays bad the next two games then after the bye its time to consider a replacement.

but at the same time. while matt moore MIGHT be a improvement. he hasn't shown anything to make anyone believe it will be a drastic one

so we are 0-1 and your ready to fire everybody and trade the whole team?

in case you forgot there are 15 games left. the season is NOT over.

yes something needs to be done about jake.

yes fox and company need to make some adjustments or its gonna be a long season

but the reality is like it or not jake is the QB there's no better options available.

Fox is the coach, and unless we finish with a three or four win season (which i don't see happening) fox will prob be here at least next year too.

so if your ready to write the next two years off. please go away. and stop making these ridiculous threads. what this team and the fan base needs right now is fans to get behind this team and support them through the good and the bad. and not more fair weather fans that wana pronounce the season is over after week 1

:rant:

You just misunderstood pretty much everything I wrote. I happen to agree with Jake being our guy for the rest of the year and I am all for that.

And I am only writing the next two years off in the sense that we shouldn't be expecting a Superbowl win but rather concentrate on making the correct moves to have a long lasting winning football team down the road instead of risking becoming the new Raiders with us doing half ass patch work to solve short term problems that ruin our long term chances of being a consistently winning club.

And me wanting to change the entire staff has little to do with our one loss and more to do with years of poor management and dislike. This is just simply a culmination of all that has been brewing for the past 5 or 6 years.

While I appreciate everything John Fox and Jake has done for this club over the years I am glad to see this happening. This club has been long overdue for an overhaul.

I mean come on our kicker was an original Panther for Christ's sake. Nothing against Kasey I love the guy. And I believe John Fox to be a great coach. But I also believe its glaringly obvious the time for a change is here.

And I will reiterate my belief that no matter who we bring in at QB nothing will change as long as John Fox gets to make the calls. I am sick and tired of the run run run mentality that this team has been built on and that has led us to become a dinosaur even in our own division. We are really becoming outdated as a club in comparison to the rest of the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, I have not completely given up on this season, I am still behind Jake to finish the season as a started and I still believe John Fox to win us some games in the near future. But I think we the fans need to have a change in attitude and perception as far as what to expect from our club over the next couple of years. We need to start thinking long-term and stop thinking SB in the short term because I truly believe we are in a dangerous and delicate position and if the right moves are not made over the next 2 years this club could possibly be doomed to go on a downward spiral for many many years to come.

Here me out. We have a lot of talent currently on our team but with the exception of Beason and Stewart ALL of our top guys are getting up there in age and we have exactly 0 young players at the moment to fill their shoes and take over in 2 years. That is the scariest part. We have no young talent to develop. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

We don't have a wide receiver to replace Smith or even a second wide receiver. We don;t have a QB to replace Delhomme. Our safties are mediocre and Peppers will not be nowhere near what he is today two years from now. We are hurting on special teams and our salary cap is in horrible shape as well.

So if the Panthers are going to be a force to be feared 2 years from today....we;re probably going to need to replace about 80% of the starters we have righ now as well as the entire management and coaching staff. And the sad part is currently all of that is in the hands of Fox and current management which has been absolutely horrible in offseason aquisitions and drafting the past couple of years.

What are your opinions as far as long term changes that must be made in order to ensure the Panthers will continue to be a top tier football club 2 years from today?

PS: One of my biggest problems with manangement and Fox was not so much his coaching. His philosophy has paid off for us in the past and that is his style. That is who he is. No my biggest problem is that they have wasted a lot of money on paying for a lot of mediocre players that have only served to fill the problematic roster areas temporarily. Most of the guys we traded for we had to replace again the next year or two years down the road. Quick fixes to replace injured guys. They have been so focused themselves on winning a Superbowl that they haven't given enough attention to the long term success of this club. And they have also maxed out our salary cap.

What we need is a new offensive system, something that more closely resembles a West Coast passing attack. When you're QB only has 2 seconds to pass the ball, even from a shotgun stance, there's no way he can accurately pass to an open receiver 30 or more yards down the field. What happenned Sunday to the screen passes we were doing in the first quarter. Screen passes and quick 10-yd passes or shorter to open tight ends, running backs (we got three great ones, for crying out loud), and even receivers, are what you have to do against the defenses of the Eagles. The old-school methods might work for old-school defenses, like our own, but not those where they consistently have 4 or more guys rushing. I predict two more of our QBs will get hurt this year, and one of them will be Delhomme. Our season is over, and if Richardson has any guts at all, so is Fox's job.

I mean come on our kicker was an original Panther for Christ's sake. Nothing against Kasey I love the guy. And I believe John Fox to be a great coach. But I also believe its glaringly obvious the time for a change is here.

I stopped reading here.

change for the sake of change will get you nowhere. Not only that, but knocking one of the best kickers in the league and easily our most consistent player in franchise history...

I need to finish that sentence? No, probably not.

This club has been long overdue for an overhaul

coming off one of the best seasons in franchise history. but we are long overdue for an overhaul?

kasey has been one of the best and most consistent kickers in the league. one or two more good season and hes a lock for the HOF

I am sick and tired of the run run run mentality that this team has been built on and that has led us to become a dinosaur even in our own division.

we had one of the best running games in the league last year. there are other teams in the league trying to copy what we have done just because our running game has been so great. ask anyone and they will tell you we have the best running back tandem in the league

Don't get me wrong, I have not completely given up on this season, I am still behind Jake to finish the season as a started and I still believe John Fox to win us some games in the near future. But I think we the fans need to have a change in attitude and perception as far as what to expect from our club over the next couple of years. We need to start thinking long-term and stop thinking SB in the short term because I truly believe we are in a dangerous and delicate position and if the right moves are not made over the next 2 years this club could possibly be doomed to go on a downward spiral for many many years to come.

again we are coming off one of the best years in franchise history. we have a TON of talent on this team. why wouldn't we be shooting for the Superbowl.

you build for the future through the draft. you let those guys play in backup roles for a couple years and then plug them into the starting lineups. thats how top teams in the league do it. look at he steelers and pats.

Here me out. We have a lot of talent currently on our team but with the exception of Beason and Stewart ALL of our top guys are getting up there in age and we have exactly 0 young players at the moment to fill their shoes and take over in 2 years. That is the scariest part. We have no young talent to develop. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch.
we have the fourth youngest team in the league.

We don't have a wide receiver to replace Smith or even a second wide receiver. We don;t have a QB to replace Delhomme. Our safties are mediocre and Peppers will not be nowhere near what he is today two years from now. We are hurting on special teams and our salary cap is in horrible shape as well.

ill agree with the salary cap part, and the part about replacing smith. but these players are in there prime right now. that's a reason why this team is shooting for the Superbowl and not trying to rebuild

So if the Panthers are going to be a force to be feared 2 years from today....we;re probably going to need to replace about 80% of the starters we have right now as well as the entire management and coaching staff. And the sad part is currently all of that is in the hands of Fox and current management which has been absolutely horrible in off season acquisitions and drafting the past couple of years.

to be feared you don't have to replace the whole team after week 1. you win consistently. you build for the future by having quality drafts and developing those players. and as far as management having horrible drafts and off season moves. well the ton of talent that you stated this team had earlier in your post was brought here by the FOs decisions in the draft and off season acquisitions

so yes i did understand everything you wrote. and after reading it a second time i do not feel any differently. you should really wait till after week 1 to make threads like this

Archived