• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers breakdown when it mattered:

CRA

That's pretty much what every defense is going to say... They don't want anyone to score, ever. It's called passion, desire, competitive spirit... This is what everyone says Pep doesn't have. I'm not sure what you're point was in posting this but it may have backfired in your point. lol

The defense is going to give up points when they are on the field all day, on top of baaaaad field position... but yeah, they still want to make all the stops and never let anyone score.

My point was.The defense themselves thought they did not play well.so why are so many thread popping up trying to say they played great. The defense gave up 38 points.just like what pep said it does not matter what field positon they were in they still gave the points up.I agree with most of what CRA said about peppers and think the defense played good.but i dont think they played great and gave up only 7 points.

My point was.The defense themselves thought they did not play well.so why are so many thread popping up trying to say they played great. The defense gave up 38 points.just like what pep said it does not matter what field positon they were in they still gave the points up.I agree with most of what CRA said about peppers and think the defense played good.but i dont think they played great and gave up only 7 points.

well the defensive literally wasn't even on the field for 14 of them. I like the mindset and accountability the defense showed after the game and took blame for the entire 31. I thought they played well given the opponent and expectations.....only 14 imo were on the defense.

well the defensive literally wasn't even on the field for 14 of them. I like the mindset and accountability the defense showed after the game and took blame for the entire 31. I thought they played well given the opponent and expectations.....only 14 imo were on the defense.

What CRA mentioned.. on top of that, when you have 5 turnovers, you're defense stays on the field an extremely long time. This tires a defense down tremendously. It's not realistic to expect the defense to stay on the field all day and hold an Eagles offense to a low score. And if you go by the 14 points the defense gave up like mentioned above, then overall, they weren't as bad as the score may lead you to believe.

What CRA mentioned.. on top of that, when you have 5 turnovers, you're defense stays on the field an extremely long time. This tires a defense down tremendously. It's not realistic to expect the defense to stay on the field all day and hold an Eagles offense to a low score. And if you go by the 14 points the defense gave up like mentioned above, then overall, they weren't as bad as the score may lead you to believe.

i agree.i think they were solid..we still need some pass rush from DT..and from the LE..spot.

The middle wasn't like as bad as I thought. Brian Westbrook did a lot of bouncing outside and weaving..but it wasn't like the DT's were in the next state like against the Giants. But then again, it was the eagles and not the Giants so we will definitely see what's up this week.

Archived