• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams/Stewart article from Yahoo

Fireball77

Between their love of the WWE and their trash talking (mostly Williams) while playing Xbox, the two have hit it off from the start. Beyond shared interest, both are low-maintenance guys. Williams loves the idea that when he travels in coach on a plane, some fans look at him and say, “You look like DeAngelo Williams.”

“I tell them, ‘Yeah, I get that a lot, but no, that’s not me,’ ” said Williams, who has distinctive dreads, but even at a muscular 5-foot-9 doesn’t look like your typical football player. “They keep looking at me and you can see them saying, ‘That sure looks like him.’ ”

lol

Carolina nabbed him with the No. 27 overall selection in 2006, and he spent most of the first two seasons as a backup, learning his craft from Foster. This year, Williams took over Foster’s role, including having to explain the plays to Stewart in the huddle in practice during training camp.

“That’s something we always have the older guys do,” said Carolina assistant head coach Jim Skipper, who handles the running backs. “They go in and explain the plays to the younger guys after the call is made. That makes the older guys responsible and it makes the younger guys understand, ‘Hey, this older guy is here to help me, I can trust him.’

Nice coaching strategy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgXkv16DqWjJgYRNUwMJ2SxDubYF?slug=jc-panthersrunninggame121708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Gotta love this from the article

“He’d come to the sideline and say, ‘Coach, they got eight guys in the box. How come we keep calling that running play?’ I’d say, ‘Because that eighth guy can’t tackle you. Go make him miss.’ He’d say, ‘OK’ and go do it.”

Enjoyed their bit on ESPN Sunday Countdown, though it wasn't so much an interview or a hard look at their play as it was a hype piece.

Funniest bit for me was seeing Stewart wild-eyed and pulling the ring ropes. In most interviews I see of him, he's so laid back he makes Owen Wilson look manic.

Archived