• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Mic'd Up... Really Interesting Hearing Steve

beastson

Oh Okay, Good Call.

But then how in the hell does he still underthrow him. Bad mechanics could have cause the ball to be thrown at to high of an arch then let asante catch up to it.

Arm wearing down?

The pocket was collapsing and he had to heave it up over those big uglies though

His 2nd INT he was supposed to throw towards the sideline for only Steve can get it. It came up short and sorta behind Steve and landed right in Brown hands

Yeah I just saw a reply of that last int, and he throws it right away, but it goes straight in the air. Its like when you are in middle school, and you don't have a good punter so the coach just throws the ball like a mile in the air to simulate a punt. Thats what that pass looked like

Oh Okay, Good Call.

But then how in the hell does he still underthrow him. Bad mechanics could have cause the ball to be thrown at to high of an arch then let asante catch up to it.

Yeah you are probably right about his mechanics on that play because there wasn't much pressure on that play, but then again he could have just forgot how fast Smitty was. After throwing 3 INTs and being pressured pretty much every play, he could have just been hurrying the throw expecting to get hit.

Yeah you are probably right about his mechanics on that play because there wasn't much pressure on that play, but then again he could have just forgot how fast Smitty was. After throwing 3 INTs and being pressured pretty much every play, he could have just been hurrying the throw expecting to get hit.

Your avatar is winner :thumbsup:

Might as well bring up something I noticed about Smitty here.....

Anyone else notice how quickly he always gets up after being tackled? He's like a cat that always lands on his feet....or a gymnast doing a tumble, he just pops up no matter how hard the hit.

Just a little something I noticed about him that impressed me. Most guys take their time getting up.

He's always done this, even after a hard hit... he always pops right up... it's a confidence/toughness thing for him. Nobody's gonna keep him down.

Watching this video makes me appreciate and like #17 again. 1989s right, Jake is gonna bring it next week.

I know you can't always form opinions around them, but that evoked in me a very human reaction to root like hell for every one of those guys, Delhomme included.

People on this board have been talking about how Steve's not a real team player, or how he's getting frustrated and wants out. I'm sure he is frustrated. He's one hell of a competitor, just like the guy sitting next to him at the end of the video. But if his teammate can come up to him, be a man and tell him he loves him -- even if only as a person -- then damn it, let's stand behind Jake at least another game or two.

I was never a Delhomme hater, but I laid out some criticism this week just like everyone. That ends now. Jake may very well show me he's done over the course of the next few games, but I'm not going to expect it nor am I going to even think about benching him for more.

Yes, I'm talking from the heart here. I'm entering pure homer mode.

Archived