• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wish I could go to SB50 for free, too

the butch

"The city has said no other employees are attending the game on official city business. The city will pay Roberts’ expenses, which the city estimates at $5,100."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/panther-tracks/article58006328.html

Thoughts?

Get elected =)

And $5,100 for the city of Charlotte is a relative drop in the bucket...  Also, cities and towns do this crap all the time, sending people to look at water systems in Canada, or transportation in China, call it a perk of the office..

3 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Get elected =)

And $5,100 for the city of Charlotte is a relative drop in the bucket...  Also, cities and towns do this crap all the time, sending people to look at water systems in Canada, or transportation in China, call it a perk of the office..

That's official business. This is a sporting event. Should we pay for her kids daycare next? Her mortgage payment on her vacation home? 

the ammount of go fund me things I have seen from people who can afford to go to 2-3 others games or have psls is just laughable. The fact that people are actually giving to those people is even more laughable.

Like poo, I'd love to go to the game - I'm even closer to it than most are but you don't see me begging for money. Kind of embarrassing to see some fans doing this honestly..

Don't you when you pay her salary? 

Also, she is acting as a representative of Charlotte for whatever things the city wants to try to be a part of during the time.  That will be the by line in the budget.

I don't disagree that I wish I could go for free, but on the flip side, this happens ALL the time in politics.  $5,100 is small change compared to some of the crazy stuff that happens out there.

We pay her a salary, for her then to bank, and pay those bills.  Same should be done for this. Sure, we pay those things indirectly, but it takes from her personal bottom line when she has to subtract it from her bank account; here, she's getting everything completely free AND no tax burden, to boot. 

The fact that she voted against the stadium funding (and started those awful cheers) really bothers me. Maybe that's what it comes down to. 

15 minutes ago, Lilsmitty09 said:

the ammount of go fund me things I have seen from people who can afford to go to 2-3 others games or have psls is just laughable. The fact that people are actually giving to those people is even more laughable.

Like poo, I'd love to go to the game - I'm even closer to it than most are but you don't see me begging for money. Kind of embarrassing to see some fans doing this honestly..

It aggravated me at first, then it didn't.  This guy I knew moved to Cali in 2013, started becoming a Panthers fan even though he was from NC.  But didn't really watch football like that, or watch Panthers games like that until 2013.  You should see his GoFundMe page, it was a joke.  Talking about he was Carolina born and bread.  I was like mother fuger, you just started caring two years ago.  poo is just sickening, and he raised 3 thousand dollars to go to the Super Bowl.  God I hate this time period we live in.  

3 minutes ago, Dick the Butcher said:

We pay her a salary, for her then to bank, and pay those bills.  Same should be done for this. Sure, we pay those things indirectly, but it takes from her personal bottom line when she has to subtract it from her bank account; here, she's getting everything completely free AND no tax burden, to boot. 

The fact that she voted against the stadium funding (and started those awful cheers) really bothers me. Maybe that's what it comes down to. 

Now the stadium funding vote, I agree.  Why not send a member of council who voted for the stadium funds?  A real fan =)

Enriching yourself at the taxpayers expense while pretending to be for the little guy has been around for over a century in this country.  Charlotte taxpayers are lucky theres not a whole plane load of "public servants" flying out there on their dime.

Archived