• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So where does Carolina finish next year?

Chris1

Everyone keeps acting like we are promised something next year.

We are not. That is what makes losing in the SB so horrible. 

Nothing is promised. See, the team whose stadium we played in today.

For all we know, next year Drew Brees gets a defense and NO wins, or Lovie Smith (I doubt it) was really holding the Bucs back and they win the division, or Vic Beasley turns into a monster and Jones turns into prime Jerry Rice/Moss and Atlanta wins.

Nothing is promised to you, and that is what will hurt the most.

EDIT: Oh, and it is also possible that one of our key player goes down with a major season-ending injury and we fall apart unlike this season.

That is a possibility too. 

1 minute ago, mcdougal said:

Everyone keeps acting like we are promised something next year.

We are not. That is what makes losing in the SB so horrible. 

Nothing is promised. See, the team whose stadium we played in today.

For all we know, next year Drew Brees gets a defense and NO wins, or Lovie Smith (I doubt it) was really holding the Bucs back and they win the division, or Vic Beasley turns into a monster and Jones turns into prime Jerry Rice/Moss and Atlanta wins.

Nothing is promised to you, and that is what will hurt the most.

Would you rather we say 8-8 at home for the playoffs?  Jesus what is wrong with being optimistic?  I mean it's not like other team's haven't gone to back to back Super Bowls.  And our window just opened.

5 minutes ago, Chris1 said:

So in other words we're the San Francisco 49ers all over again?

Sure as poo is possible.  So much is the playoffs is up to chance.  Honestly, how many times in the last ten years has the best team won?  Seahawks in '13.  Who else?

The difference between us and the 49ers though is that Cam is no clown that is gonna disappear.  We will always contend with him.  That being said, if playing the odds, us losing in the NFCCG is a good bet.

Just now, stankowalski said:

Would you rather we say 8-8 at home for the playoffs?  Jesus what is wrong with being optimistic?  I mean it's not like other team's haven't gone to back to back Super Bowls.  And our window just opened.

No, there is nothing wrong with being optimistic. And of course we could be back next year...

But unfortunately history is littered with teams who haven't.

Just would have loved for us to seize this unexpected moment and win one. 

Archived