• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Staal traded to Rangers

KillerKat

1 hour ago, The_Light_Brigade said:

It's amazing to me how much the 'Canes and Panthers mirror each other sometimes.  

that's what happens when organizations go the route of the "good 'ol boy" system and like to hang onto players or coaches because of personal feelings. Both Carolina teams just so happened to have one of those eras either at the same time or close to each other.

Liles went to Boston for a couple of picks and a prospect.

All the players we traded were UFA after this year and we got a decent return for 20 game rentals. The fun part is we still might even make the playoffs, I don't think this dramatically affects our season one way or the other. Francis selling in a spot where a lot of people wouldn't, I really like that. 

7 minutes ago, Omega Atrocity said:

Liles went to Boston for a couple of picks and a prospect.

All the players we traded were UFA after this year and we got a decent return for 20 game rentals. The fun part is we still might even make the playoffs, I don't think this dramatically affects our season one way or the other. Francis selling in a spot where a lot of people wouldn't, I really like that. 

getting picks for guys who are going to be UFAs in a couple of months is the schizzle. Ron be preying on desperate teams and poo, bruh.

2 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

getting picks for guys who are going to be UFAs in a couple of months is the schizzle. Ron be preying on desperate teams and poo, bruh.

Truly, I can't believe we got 2 seconds and a decent prospect for 20 games of Staal. I love Staal, but he hasn't been that great in a while.

The Rangers don't have a first or a second in either of the next 2 drafts. They better hope they win the cup this year. It also make sit that much more likely that 2nd rounder next year is a pretty good one.

Archived