• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pre Free-Agency NFL News

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

No way Gettleman is going to give Eric Weddle 4 years and $33 million.  Raiders, yes, but not us.

Corry is an ex-agent and he wrote that article from an agent's perspective about what his initial asking price would be to teams. The contracts would certainly come in a bit lower for everyone in that article. If we were to sign Weddle it would likely be for 2-3 years for $6-7M per year.

36 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Wait, you're a female?  All this time I thought you were a guy. 

Yup.  'Fessed up awhile back.  Having fun hanging with the guys here.  My own brother is not a real big football fan, though I did get him to go to the final home game week 17 at BoA this year when I was back in the States for Christmas and we had a great time together.   I'm one of those weird football-loving, numbers-crunching geeky females....

13 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Yup.  'Fessed up awhile back.  Having fun hanging with the guys here.  My own brother is not a real big football fan, though I did get him to go to the final home game week 17 at BoA this year when I was back in the States for Christmas and we had a great time together.   I'm one of those weird football-loving, numbers-crunching geeky females....

pics, or I don't believe you.  HAHA.  

And while it's not free agent news, sadly a Bronco has defeated a Panther again. In this case, Mike Tolbert.

Broncos franchise player Von Miller will be a contestant on the upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars.

Maybe next year, Mike...

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:
Brad Biggs @BradBiggs
Fully expect if #Bears cannot find trade partner for Martellus Bennett, that they end up releasing him. Some around NFL doubt trade happens.

They should call the Seahawks. They like trading for disgruntled TEs.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Chargers are letting go of RB Donald Brown too.

I wonder how many people even remember that he was a first round pick. These days, it doesn't look like he's got much left.

He's part of one of my favorite NFL videos of all time

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

1 player expected to be available in free agency: #Cowboys CB Brandon Carr: They expect to release him & save more than $6M in cap space

Remember when he gets as expected to be one of the best corners in the league?

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking of corners...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Bills are releasing CB Leodis McKelvin, source said. No restructure. Will be an interesting free agent.

Gettleman probably has 5 different assistants cutting up tape on his last 2 years as we speak. This has "Panthers sign cheap vet slot CB" written all over it.

Archived