• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summer 2016 Transfer Window

DirtyMagic97

1 minute ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

Yea, Gabigol is a sign-and-loan if you want him now. I could see them loaning back to Santos, but it might make sense to try to loan him within La Liga to get acclimated.

Yea, somewhere like Betis or Gijon wouldn't be bad. 

Jose Mourinho has made his first signing of the summer bringing in Ivory Coast center back Eric Bailly from Villarreal for a rumored £30million.

Bailly is a physical specimen of the sort that exudes upside if his skill rises to the level of his athletic prowess. The concern are a) that United have paid £30million for a player who wasn't a clear first choice player for Villarreal last season and b) he isn't a great passer and makes one or two key mistakes per match defending. Given his young age, he's 22, he could mature into an exceptional player with his physical gifts. The problem is that the same could be said of Gabriel at Arsenal and Eliquim Mangala and Manchester City who both arrived with similar profiles and for similarly high transfer fees. The point being that sometimes just being incredibly athletic isn't enough. Throw in Mourinho's spotty record in the transfer market for defenders at Chelsea - Carvalho and Zouma were his only two real successes at the back at Stamford Bridge - and you've got a deal that could go either way.

9 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Gabriel Pulista has all the tools in the world and has some amazing moments but he also makes 1-2 bad mistakes a game... That's why he can't win starting job... Arsenal also paid £11M for Gabriel and not £30M.

I remember the comments when Gabriel first switched to Arsenal that he did not speak even 1 word of English. I'm sure a lot of his errors are down to communication issues. I've always wondered how much that plays a factor long-term.

4 hours ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

I remember the comments when Gabriel first switched to Arsenal that he did not speak even 1 word of English. I'm sure a lot of his errors are down to communication issues. I've always wondered how much that plays a factor long-term.

That's true.  I like Gabriel a lot.  He's very fast and physical.  He actually took a starting job from Matersaker but had a terrible game against Southampton if I remember correctly.  He gave up 3 dumb goals and Wenger benched him...  Gabriel owned Diego Costa...  So Costa had to do his dirty stuff to get Gabriel suspended.  Gabriel is only 25...  If he gets his poo together, he will start.

Jamie Vardy wife told Good Morning Britain that it's up to Jamie to decide which team he wants to play for and she's 100% behind his decision.  Then host asked her what she's doing right now with Jamie in France and she says shopping for a home in North London. Lol...

44 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Jamie Vardy wife told Good Morning Britain that it's up to Jamie to decide which team he wants to play for and she's 100% behind his decision.  Then host asked her what she's doing right now with Jamie in France and she says shopping for a home in North London. Lol...

Haha nah, the host asked her if she was shopping for houses in London and Vardy's wife said "No, we'll wait for Jamie to make up his mind."

Archived