• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deepest Team - O RLY?

bLACKpANTHER

A good way to tell how deep you are at a position is by imagining your starters were to get dinged and be out for a stretch of games (God forbid the season) - but what position can we least afford to lose a starter/major contributor to injury?
Categorize by THIN - ADEQUATE - SOLID

------------------------------------------------------------

RB - Stewart / Fozzy / CAP - THIN
If we lose Stew for a significant amount of time, we would be thin at RB

Reciever - Olsen / KB / Funch / Ginn / Philly - ADEQUATE
I don't know how we did it last year, but I shudder to think our team without KB or Olsen.

Oline - Kalil / Oher / Remmers / Turner / Norwell - ADEQUATE
We have some decent reserves along the line but Kalil is the one that I doubt we could spare.

------------------------------------------------------------

Dline - CJ / Star / KK / Ealy / Addison - THIN
DE reserves are sparse.

LB - Luke / TD / Shaq - SOLID
Klein can fill any hole along the line but losing any of the players above would be tough.

Secondary - Norman / Bene / Boykin / Coleman / Boston - ADEQUATE

25 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

This is good info that's why l think we will draft Derrick Henry if he is available at the 30th pick.

Or trade up. Luke is available for trade. Maybe if we throw in Mike Tolbert, we can move up to #2. Gotta be safe and make sure he is there.

8 hours ago, pstall said:

Nice work. Henry could be a luxury pick that ends up being solid value as well. 

Stew isn't getting younger.  

I say it will be a DE or OT.

I guess CAP would be a reserve back. Hopefully he fixes his fumbling and pass protection. 

I'd go DE if I was CHA.

I would be totally cool with drafting Derek Henry. In general, RBs are not as valuable in today's wide open NFL, but I was impressed watching Henry in the playoffs this year. Made positive yards on a lot of plays where there wasn't anything there. Hits the hole hard and is more elusive than he looks. Wouldn't say he has break away speed like an AP or Todd Gurley, but he's worthy of a late 1st rounder IMO. Looked good in blitz pickup too. Would be a great backup and replacement for Stewart. CAP is a complementary back. Fozzy is meh. Wegher is unknown. 

Certainly could see the case for taking a DE and that could be the best pick if BPA.  Henry is the only RB other than Ezekiel Elliott that i think is worthy of 1st rounder. Could see OT also or safety. 

Bottom line is, even though the Panthers depth isn't great in every position, they truly are in a position to take BPA. Gettleman has done a phenomenal job.

Our starters are mostly intact, minus the DBs and we had several injuries that tested our depth and we still made the Super Bowl.

considering we used the better part of our 53 man roster in a season with only 2-losses gives credence to how much depth is on this team.

After the FA period and with the addition of our draft picks, it's gonna be hard to argue against our team being the most talented 53-man roster in the league.

23 hours ago, sharkkiller said:

Or trade up. Luke is available for trade. Maybe if we throw in Mike Tolbert, we can move up to #2. Gotta be safe and make sure he is there.

You bite your tongue!! No one is putting my beloved "35-Jelly Bean" goal line package in jeopardy. 

I think it's unfair to lump the Safeties and CBs together, but otherwise I agree with your assessment.   

Ideal draft for me would be [by round] DE, S/WR/TE, OT, CB, DE, RB, ST/Util

That said, it's BPA that fills a need.  To me, that's either DE/TE/RB based on the potential prospects available at 30.  Just depends on how Getts ranks those players for VALUE to the team [vs. their intrinsic worth].  Prevailing view here is either Ogbah, H Henry, or D Henry.

Archived