• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PC Game Recommendations

PanthersFanNY

Alright here's the deal. I'm going to be away on business for the next 5 weeks or so, and I won't have my 360 with me.

I'm looking for recommendations for a PC game that could hold me over for about a month during my time away. I'm bringing my laptop, and it isn't great but can play some games. It can handle Empire: Total War to a degree (can't play battles out, or at least lag free) but I don't think it would do great with games that require high end computers.

My laptop specs are: Core 2 duo, 2gb ram, 1.83 Ghz, and my graphics card is a ATI Radeon x1400 (shitty, I know, but it's a 2 year old laptop).

I like most game genres, so I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks.

my fav pc game is Team Fortress 2, but thats multiplayer online only. not sure if your setup would handle it. Mine does great. On the converse, Empire Total War was unplayable for me...and im not sure why. My system is only a year old. My brother says its great on his.

If you havent played Portal, thats a great single player game.

Team Fortress 2 is actually a pretty good idea. I might look into that. I have it for 360 and enjoy it but not many people play it on 360. It'll probably remind me of my old love affair of Team Fortress Classic and Counter-Strike.

I'm also thinking about Bioshock and Crysis, but I don't know if either of those would last me a month.

Yeah, you really can't beat TF2 as long as your connection will be good. I just love class based shooters, if done correctly and with quality no multi-player experience is better IMO.

Maybe try Civ IV if you haven't picked it up. That is definitely a time sinker.

Warcraft 3 is old but I still love playing the campaign every so often.

Just wanted to pop in and help this dude out! I mainly like RPGs and Strategy games for killing time. (when I cant get on WoW or DAoC)

Star Wars Knights of the Old Repbulic (RPG) Also look at the sequel altho not as good as the first.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (Turn Based Strategy)

Zork Grand Inquisitor - Point and click adventure and also the last graphical Zork game made as far as I know.

Command & Conquer (RTS) Any of them are great!

Neverwinter Nights (RPG) Theres a sequel also here, but again not as good as the first.

Oblivion - Not sure if your comp can handle this one.

Thief - First Person Stealth

Brothers In Arms Earned In Blood (FPS) I was actually surprised that this game was pretty decent.

Quick list of some of my favorites - these are based on no internet connection and are mostly singleplayer. Some of these are also fairly old.

Just wanted to pop in and help this dude out! I mainly like RPGs and Strategy games for killing time. (when I cant get on WoW or DAoC)

Star Wars Knights of the Old Repbulic (RPG) Also look at the sequel altho not as good as the first.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (Turn Based Strategy)

Zork Grand Inquisitor - Point and click adventure and also the last graphical Zork game made as far as I know.

Command & Conquer (RTS) Any of them are great!

Neverwinter Nights (RPG) Theres a sequel also here, but again not as good as the first.

Oblivion - Not sure if your comp can handle this one.

Thief - First Person Stealth

Brothers In Arms Earned In Blood (FPS) I was actually surprised that this game was pretty decent.

Quick list of some of my favorites - these are based on no internet connection and are mostly singleplayer. Some of these are also fairly old.

KOTOR is a great game, played it and loved it. I'll have to check out the rest. Neverwinter Nights 2 is only $5 this week from Direct2Drive so I'll look at that one. I played Oblivion a lot on Xbox 360 and enjoyed it so I might look into that since I have read there are a lot of good mods for PC.

Diablo 2.. terrific time sink if you're bored, you can go on or offline and play (on is free too), and still one of the best storylines I've come across. I'd suggest Diablo 3, but I've not heard a word on its release in months, which makes me have a sad face :(

Oh, and there's a utility they've released now to allow you play without having to load up the disc into the CD tray, so a full install will mean no swapping and no whirring CD-ROM drives.

• 3 months later...

Diablo 2.. terrific time sink if you're bored, you can go on or offline and play (on is free too), and still one of the best storylines I've come across. I'd suggest Diablo 3, but I've not heard a word on its release in months, which makes me have a sad face :(

Oh, and there's a utility they've released now to allow you play without having to load up the disc into the CD tray, so a full install will mean no swapping and no whirring CD-ROM drives.

Its Blizzard, man. Be happy they released any info on D3 at all lol.

Archived