• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 17 Gameplay (Panthers vs Cardinals)

Lilsmitty09

8 hours ago, NavyPF4L said:

Wow. You can tell a lot of people either didn't play last years game or didn't even look at the actual things improved on in this game from last years game.. The hate flows deep in this one. As far as 2k their basketball game was very meh last year and has turned into a retread type of game as well. The two truly great sports games out there are MLB The Show over all others and then followed by FIFA.

FIFA is getting an engine change this year and Madden will be getting the same engine either next year or the year after that. Who knows what that will bring.

Spoken like someone that never got to experience NFL 2k5. I feel sorry for you man. Football gaming mediocrity is all you have ever known.

16 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Spoken like someone that never got to experience NFL 2k5. I feel sorry for you man. Football gaming mediocrity is all you have ever known.

I mean... I've been gaming since the Commodore 64.... So.... Yeah I've also had all of the systems including a Sega Saturn.. I think I may have dabbled a bit in the 2k series as well as the one that came out with the first xbox that wasn't madden..

The graphics and game engine have come a long way, but it feels like they can't quite get the physics right. Don't get me wrong it's much improved ever since they finally introduced gang tackling a few years ago, but it went from being obviously limited to borderline ragdoll physics.

If only they could make up their mind and either be a football simulation or a football arcade game the final product would be much better.

At least I don't feel like I'm paying for a $60 roster upgrade, from 08-13 that's all it felt like, although I did enjoy the original introduction of the game manager with the coach talking into your headset, gave it a cool vibe. 

That's my other problem, seems like they change stuff from year to year with no rhyme or reason, always getting rid of features I liked to include things I don't care about. I hate MUT, but miss the old superstar mode.

With that being said, I will still probably get this game, piece of poo or not, because it's my only football gaming choice, and because this has become my father in law's go-to Christmas gift for me lol.

On ‎2016‎/‎06‎/‎21 at 8:36 PM, RealBitsOfPanther said:

I'll prob get it again even though they have Cams carry rating way too low. I can't even remember the last time Cam fumbled but he puts the ball on the ground quite often in 16. 

I wish I could block out the Super Bowl so easily.

On ‎2016‎/‎06‎/‎21 at 11:47 PM, thunderraiden said:

lol 2k5 was just a lot of Chris Berman, and mysterious diseases that made defenses fatigue quickly when you called hot routes. and charging up the little circle to sprint faster... what?

the NFL 2K5 circlejerk is ridiculous. Yes it was better than Madden 05. I mean... who wants to play Madden during a year where they made defenses stingy when you can wear out the defense by calling hot routes? I really didn't like the Madden engine that was on Madden 05 through Madden 09. It was changed in Madden 10 and the game became 50 times better. I always laugh at these threads where people say it was the same from 08-13 because there were multiple engines that were very different.

Archived