• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Batum signs with Hornets 5yr/120mil

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I don't really get not renouncing right on a guy like Lee.  I'd understand it if Lee was a guy looking at a max deal or a 5 year agreement, but I don't see anyone singing him to either of those, lol...  So, how does holding onto his bird rights come into play there?  Our advantage of retaining them would be that we could help a team that wants to sign him to one of those type of deals because we can offer the max and an extra year that other teams can't, correct?  So, if those aren't realistic options, and it's apparent that he is likely to sign elsewhere, I don't see how it benefits us to hold onto his rights.

Yeah I think we renounce him or just allow another team to sign him. They both take his hold off our books. 

Bird Rights allow us to offer another year and I believe higher raises. Just as important, they allow us to go over the cap to re-sign.

Dumb question, but do you guys think Miami should start rebuilding?  No way Durant or any big FA's sign with them this offseason.  Unless you call Whiteside a "phenomenal" signing.  Wade is already 36 years old.  Besides that, they have NOBODY to build around.  And Bosh's health could be an issue as well.  

17 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Dumb question, but do you guys think Miami should start rebuilding?  No way Durant or any big FA's sign with them this offseason.  Unless you call Whiteside a "phenomenal" signing.  Wade is already 36 years old.  Besides that, they have NOBODY to build around.  And Bosh's health could be an issue as well.  

You only start rebuilding when you're completely devoid of assets to take the team further than where they currently are. Miami has a good mix of vets and youth. The Bosh situation is unfortunate, but they can find stopgaps to fill that role as they did with Joe Johnson.

Zod needs to add a ignore bitach-made posts, for the love of the huddle. I'd buy that for a dollar.

I have not been able to bring myself to understand why teams continue to over WAAaaaay overpay certain players. I'm even talking before byrant "big country" Reeves was given 6 years 60 million 20 years ago....... My brain just can not adjust to the market, NOW those last few years of what I believed gross over-pays are huge bargins.

That said, horents had to keep Batum, even if it was the insane max(which I feel only around 15 players in the whole league are worthly) 

If horents play hard a full 48 minutes, unlike the current "go though the motions for 10 minutes then play hard the final 2.( not all teams, spurs and warriors put out full effort most times) I'll watch the games alittle more than having them as background noise. I believe they did this during the last few games, but I tuned out at that point.

1 hour ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

Celtics 2016 - 2017 NBA champions though behind a super-team of Al Horford and Kevin Durant ... nobody is even hardly talking about the Celtics getting Durant when to me they are the no brainier

I'm a huge Celtics fan and there is like a 0.001% chance we get Durant. Most likely we are getting D12.

KD is legit playing every team he meets with right now.  I can see there being "insider info" with 3+ teams and then he ends up back with OKC.  Just my two cents.  

Unless something is way too good to pass up on all levels, he's staying put.  

Boston is going to trade for Jimmy Butler, sign Horford, sign KD

2016 - 2017 champion Celtics

Do you really believe half the poo you post on here? If KD leaves OKC, a team that was up 3-1 on the Warriors and should've closed them out had they not poo the bed in 4th quarters of game 5 and 6, for that piece of poo team in boston he is an idiot. No way he leaves.

3 hours ago, MichaelNewtonII said:

Do you really believe half the poo you post on here? If KD leaves OKC, a team that was up 3-1 on the Warriors and should've closed them out had they not poo the bed in 4th quarters of game 5 and 6, for that piece of poo team in boston he is an idiot. No way he leaves.

I hope the Nets are semi-decent this year and ruin those picks the Celtics have so they can continue drafting 8-10 role players a year while begging every team for a trade.

Archived