• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Al Jefferson agrees with Indy 3yrs/$30mil

bLACKpANTHER

Congrats to Al, but I did not expect him to be in that high of demand this early.  That is surprising.  Also, after his "willing to play for a discount," comment here, i wonder if we even showed any interest?  Not that I wanted him back, because I didn't, lol.

i wouldnt be surprised if Marvin gave us a hometown discount and came in at $10-11mil.. he knows we need 1-2 other players (backup PG and defensive C) to be a legit contender in the East.. he was the only one in exit interviews that expressed absolute feelings of wanting to come back for sure

6 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

i wouldnt be surprised if Marvin gave us a hometown discount and came in at $10-11mil.. he knows we need 1-2 other players (backup PG and defensive C) to be a legit contender in the East.. he was the only one in exit interviews that expressed absolute feelings of wanting to come back for sure

At that price I wouldn't be so upset but 12-17 million makes me sick to my stomach.

Guest HornetsFan24

The first year Al was amazing.  The last two years was ugly.  He had some great games for us these last two years, and will miss that low post scoring ability, but this isnt much of a big loss as people will make it out to be.  Right now we sit at Kemba, Batum, MKG, Frank, Cody starting (with the strong possibility of Marvin being added soon) and a bench of Bellinelli, Lamb, Daniels and Hawes to name a few.  Grab a backup PG and a defensive stopping C and we will still be right there.  We have pretty much added a big FA in MKG, so the three of Kemba-Batum-MKG will be one of the best backcourts in the NBA.

Archived