• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is it About Bersin and Pre Season

chknwing

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Name them, in detail.

The reason we keep Bersin, is the same reason that this thread was made, he outplays the other WR's on the team that are trying to take his job, then rarely is needed during the season....just like almost every single no. 5 WR in the league.

P.S. you get stuck with Fua and AE when you draft them, not because they aren't progressing.  Is Kalil better than last season?  If he's not getting better, he's not progressing, hence he should be cut.

that ryan kalil argument is beyond flawed, first....he's a pro bowler, he has progressed tremendously, ryan isn't/hasn't been fighting for a roster spot for the last 4 years. we could and should have cut ae and fua long before they were released but we didn't because ae showed progression in camp and idk why fua stayed so long.

the wr's that out performed bersin:2013 david gettis, 2015 he damn near got out performed by 3 guys Lucas, Mike Brown and boykin. your number 5 guy should be someone who does what bersin does now but has the potential to be better then a number 5, the steelers have been making a killing maximizing there backup wr's ,along with the giants.

again if he's going to be a career 5th wr, having him on standby(like we've done before) won't hurt since he's not likely to get snatched up by other teams, give the roster spot to someone who's going to maximize the chance 

6 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

when Philly got hurt in the Super Bowl, Bersin was on the field more, and got some passes thrown his way and he made no plays. 

And you're misconstruing that comment.  I didn't say it was a white WR fan club. I said the novelty of a white WR keeps the bersin fan club going. Novelty being the stressed idea, and Bersin being the descriptor of the fan club. 

3 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Lol proof. You said he makes plays when called upon, I pointed out a specific example of when exactly he failed to do that but *I* "can't provide any proof that what I was saying was true, but I'm spouting off anyway"?  You've been exposed. You're done.

"Some passes thrown his way and he made no plays".  That's what you said, not me.  I didn't remember any passes going his way.

Exposed as someone who doesn't say dumb things about our players?  Like "he wouldn't be on the vast majority of NFL practice squads"?  Then right after you say that, you admit that you don't know Detroit's 5th, and say that you would probably take Bersin over him....on an active roster......after you just said that he wouldn't make most teams practice squad.

The point, is you keep saying things that aren't correct.

I couldn't care less if BB makes the team, but at least be accurate about what you say about the guy.

I would love for Byrd and Hill to make team..I just hope they are given more opportunities to show what they can do..we know what bersin does let other receivers play...everytime I look in see bersin..no one else is getting much time in the preseason game

On 8/12/2016 at 3:58 AM, ncsu12engr said:

Bersin reminds me of Ricky Proehl. Not flashy, but dependable. He runs good routes as the 3rd or 4th option on most plays and when given the chance he catches the ball. 

There it is, folks!  Just like Proehl in his years with the Panthers, the precise route running and sure hands are the value of Bersin. Hard to replace on third down. WORD.

Archived