• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rogue One

R0CKnR0LLA

1 minute ago, Scrumtrilescent said:

I agree, I won't even tell you how many times I saw TPM in the theaters, and that we went to see it opening night after a Calc final and were blasting the Imperial March out of the car.  From our Sony Walkman with the sweet tape player adapter.  Don't be jealous.  

And I say the SE OT movies hurt me more overall than the prequels.  The Jabba's Palace song and dance scene should've been illegal.

holy poo thanks for bringing back the nightmare of Sy Snootles...

21 hours ago, Darth Biscuit said:

I don't even hate the prequels... I take them for what they are.  Lucas had a vision, he made the movies.  I didn't personally like the vision or the movies, but they aren't all bad.  Like @Bronn said, it's still "Star Wars" and I still went to see them the first day they were out just like I did with all the rest of the movies.

But if you're honest and subjective, they don't compare to the originals, and Disney is doing a MUCH better job with these new movies than I'd dared to hope.

If anything, Lucas tried TOO hard to make the prequels perfect and it was his downfall.  Star Wars is in much better hands now, and I'm glad Lucas sold it and got out.

This is a great look at that. Lucas had a vision and he's a vision guy. The problem is he didn't have a director, producer, or writers to challenge him. He didn't have a Carrie Fisher of Harrison Ford to improvise better dialogue. And it's hard to say "faster and more intense" on a greenscreen. So when he went too far - like in the 4-part battle finale - he wasn't able to change it.

I don't hate TPM. It's entirely watchable, technically groundbreaking, and visuslly stunning. The actors do a good job and there are actually a solid number of miniatures and real sets. It's slighlty above average. But for Star Wars to just be above average is disappointing.

Jar Jar was a Sith Lord in disguise, btw. Just sayin'. Lucas got talked out of it, but if you have that being the main subplot that runs parallel to Anakin in terms of importance....suddenly, the prequels don't get the hate. Only because it would have caught everybody by surprise. As Lucas originally intended.

On 1/13/2017 at 3:51 PM, lightsout said:

Jar Jar was a Sith Lord in disguise, btw. Just sayin'. Lucas got talked out of it, but if you have that being the main subplot that runs parallel to Anakin in terms of importance....suddenly, the prequels don't get the hate. Only because it would have caught everybody by surprise. As Lucas originally intended.

I thought the prequels would have been better if Darth Maul didn't die I the TPM and had lasted to Revenge of the Sith.

Anakin vs Maul would have been an epic show down.

• 1 month later...

Archived