• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We couldn't afford Jonathan Stewart

frash.exe

The move made plenty of sense at the time. D-Will had not yet proven that he could be a top starting RB in the NFL, so they needed to get a strong RB in the draft.

so, ...instead they decide that a better option might be a guy who has never played a down in the NFL yet than the guy who they had basically held back in favor of Foster, and had impressed on an average team with an average offensive line and in 2007 no QB with every opportunity they gave him.

Also, Stewart is just a better RB than Forte. A few years down the road when we can trade Stewart for a 1st and 3rd round pick you won't be wishing we had Forte.

LOL no team in their right mind would give up a 1st and 3rd for a player at a position with one of the shortest careers on average in the league.

Yet another hindsight thread with gaping pits of blackness between pinpoints of logic.

You guys are bringing nothing to the table that wasn't already covered weeks before the 2008 draft. Fact of the matter is we gave up a few picks and got two pro bowl level players.

As far as writing off Brown and Goodson as being not worthy of giving up a first rounder after two games? Well, let's just say I've got more than a puncher's chance of bumping this in a year or two and making some people look silly.

Yes, our team does not look good right now. Happens to every team if you watch the NFL. Good news is there's still time to right the ship.

But please, stop these dumb hindsight threads. It's just gonna end up embarrassing.

It's not hindsight if you called it before it happened, or right after it happened.

A bad move is a bad move, and what we have done in the last two drafts have been bad moves.

Obviously if the site hadn't got hijacked we could pull up some proof, but w/e.

Still have made two horrible decisions in the last two drafts, not hindsight, just truth.

yes we are so good at drafting we have lousy QB depth, a patchwork DT rotation that wasn't that good to begin with, our starting FS is a guy who wouldn't make it past the practice squad of any other team, our 2nd receiver is a guy in his mid 30s because we haven't developed a single receiver to perform like a starter in 8 seasons, and we require 2 first round running backs to field the running game Fox is supposed to be adept at building but can't seem to do it without the best talent.

This isn't a drafting problem, it's a coaching problem.

Yet another hindsight thread with gaping pits of blackness between pinpoints of logic.

You guys are bringing nothing to the table that wasn't already covered weeks before the 2008 draft. Fact of the matter is we gave up a few picks and got two pro bowl level players.

As far as writing off Brown and Goodson as being not worthy of giving up a first rounder after two games? Well, let's just say I've got more than a puncher's chance of bumping this in a year or two and making some people look silly.

Yes, our team does not look good right now. Happens to every team if you watch the NFL. Good news is there's still time to right the ship.

But please, stop these dumb hindsight threads. It's just gonna end up embarrassing.

Why are GMs and Head Coaches fired?

Because in hindsight what they did was stupid.

This isn't a drafting problem, it's a coaching problem.

Overall yes, pretty much all of our problems relate to our poo coach.

This point just points to his horrible decisions lately.

Sure we drafted great players, but it doesn't mean that those players were the best way to go for us, or the only way to go.

If you could bump old threads you could find my threads praying for Ryan Clady, thinking Otah was the best fit for the Panthers philosophy as well as individual threads I started saying that Forte, Choice or K Smith was the best idea for running back over Stewart. Heck, I even started a thread saying we should take a flyer on Bess from Hawai'i.

I also stated over and over that Harvey (the overwhelming favorite amongst the hindsight crowd) was a horrid pick.

However, once the choice was made I still voiced my misgivings over the decision but looked for ways to move forward.

Stop whinging and look for ways to move this team forward.

And for the record, there was near 0 support on here for Flacco.

If you could bump old threads you could find my threads praying for Ryan Clady, thinking Otah was the best fit for the Panthers philosophy as well as individual threads I started saying that Forte, Choice or K Smith was the best idea for running back over Stewart. Heck, I even started a thread saying we should take a flyer on Bess from Hawai'i.

I also stated over and over that Harvey (the overwhelming favorite amongst the hindsight crowd) was a horrid pick.

However, once the choice was made I still voiced my misgivings over the decision but looked for ways to move forward.

I know you made some good calls on those drafts, but the only way to move forward from here is to start heading in a new direction.

Nope, i already iterated the fact that at the time I didn't understand why they did it either.

lol because the pro bowl is the true mark of player excellence, and not some sort of popularity contest.

Goodson has only proven he's as good at dropping the ball as he is running it.

lol keep making excuses for us drafting like the Redskins

Weren't you also posting for Godfrey on Missed Encounters on craigslist?

I could be wrong.

Archived