• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers look strong after week 1

London Loves Luke

18 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Reminds me of the start of the 2013 board when many were commenting that a loss to the Seahawks would sink the season. Similar type of game (minus the Cam-smashing) with a similar ending and the team was fine. Week 1 is not the time to panic.

Yes, I think the 2013 is a good comparison, at least I hope so!!

We also lost to the Saints by a score of 23 - 20 in 2005 when the team went 11-5.   So, two of the 6 winning seasons in Panthers history started with a loss in week 1.   The game was tied at 20-20 with one minute left in the 4th, and the Saints got the FG.  Sigh.

So, this isn't the end of the world.  Yes, it would have been better if we'd pulled out the win, but at least we were in the POSITION to win if the kick had been good. 

My only nagging concern is giving up 21 points.  That's quite a bit higher than the norm for our season opener's under Ron.  But again, playing the SB champs in Denver isn't an easy task, and yes, we've had quite a few changes on defense...

I think the biggest bad match ups for Carolina will be Atlanta, Oakland, Vikings, Saints in the dome.

Oakland is going to absolutely be gunning for Cam on defense, I see them taking the Broncos play to us. Hopefully Shula sees that and gameplans to get the ball out quick, attack blitzers, Gets movement. Plus Cooper and Crabtree are play makers.

Vikings D will be tough. They hit hard. Tough game, Don't really see many DBs covering Diggs.

Saints offense looked like they knew exactly what they were doing, Ingram always runs tough toward the Panthers D.

I just think Atlantas Freeman, Coleman duo can wear us out and Julio without Norman could be insane numbers. That all stops once we get to Ryan though.

Archived