• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Pettine vs Ron Meeks

Jangler

I think we can stand to be a little patient with the defense this season. The Colts D sucked something awful for most of their super bowl winning season under Meeks. Then, they just clicked and were dominant. Who knows what happened to make that change, hopefully it was just a learning curve and our guys will do the same thing in a few games...maybe after the bye week? Please?

How about rustic, inelaborate, and austere?

I like them!

We NEED TO BLITZ!

We have blitzed, just very poorly. The blitzes are predictable and good QB's have called the coverage. We have faced upper tier QB's so far this season and will for the majority of the year, so these blitzes to get creative or they are an invitation to the end zone.

I think we can stand to be a little patient with the defense this season. The Colts D sucked something awful for most of their super bowl winning season under Meeks. Then, they just clicked and were dominant. Who knows what happened to make that change, hopefully it was just a learning curve and our guys will do the same thing in a few games...maybe after the bye week? Please?

Two differences, Payton Manning and home field in a dome.

Payton Manning can make any shitty toilet* look good.

*No pic. you're welcome. ;)

Two differences, Payton Manning and home field in a dome.

Manning played defense?

We're not talking about wins, we're talking about how the defense plays. Their D, the run D especially, was full of holes. They had the worst run D of the regular season. In the playoffs, however, they were a wall. Sure, it's possible this was just stepping up and playing better. I'm hoping, however, it's more that they scheme finally took.

Manning played defense?

We're not talking about wins, we're talking about how the defense plays. Their D, the run D especially, was full of holes. They had the worst run D of the regular season. In the playoffs, however, they were a wall. Sure, it's possible this was just stepping up and playing better. I'm hoping, however, it's more that they scheme finally took.

is this true? because I remember them having a top 5 - 10 defense that year...

is this true? because I remember them having a top 5 - 10 defense that year...

being statistically good doesn't always mean you are actually good though.....I think that was a big part of some of those Colt defenses. The stats showed them being better than what was on the field.

Good thing we have Peyton Manning at QB and an explosive offense to boot. I'm glad we're making so much sense here. You do realize that you are saying that on a John Fox team... we can afford to wait on the D to catch up? We're 0-2. What the hell are you talking about?

^^ exactly. Manning saved that team. Do we have a developed QB to outscore the other team?

That was my point. The Colts defense was always decent towards the end of games when other teams passes a lot and their line could just rush the QB without worrying about the run and got sacks and forced turnovers. Had their offense not been so effective, they would have never made the playoffs to begin with that gave their defense a chance to get hot. Meeks is accustomed to having the offense carry the team and the D just make stops here and there and get turnovers. They could give up 24 to 27 points a game and be ok. Not the case here.

The Jets have been spending huge, they have vets, they have depth. They haven't been rocked with injuries.

Is it that early time of year where the Jets are the greatest thing again?

I was thinking about it earlier this morning. I have a feeling the Jets are this years Titans.

Archived