• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam getting a concussion was his fault

TheSpecialJuan

Odd decisions by Cam on the run lately.  No reason to give yourself up in that situation.  A lack of awareness and sense of urgency while taking to many things for granted have lead to some miss fortune.  I believe the combination of those things are the reasons we are 1-3.  More so than Shula, inconsistent to poor secondary play, or lack of QB pressure.  Even on the road, on a day where the opposition is setting franchise records, our back up QB was on the field taking meaningful snaps with hopes to tie the game.

OP is on the money. I've seen players get hit much farther into the end zone than this. Cam let up, just like he did in New Orleans last year. Thought he learned his lesson then, he said he did... guess not. Don't blame the Falcon for that hit at all. I'd expect our guys to do the same. 

1 hour ago, truthjuice said:

Him letting up is due to the fact that he was already in. I'm not sure how he put himself in position to get this head shot. He was in and that's when his speed let up. The defender took the shot and he then went for the second effort. This is no fault of Cam. People love it when he's gutsy but hate it at the same time. He was across the goal line when he slowed down. 

Get real, man. You're acting like he was three steps into the end zone when he got hit. Not even close. He let up way before he got hit, and it was exactly on the goal line. 

#45 playing heads up football on the goal line here and getting blasted by our fans. He didn't lower his head, he didn't hit with the crown, he didn't lead with a forearm. Cam tried to walk it in, end of story. 

And anyone who says they'd have a problem with Luke doing this exact same thing to Matt Ryan IS A LIAR. 

Dude left his feet and went head first, after he crossed the goal line. He'll be fined and so should these officials.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Cam didn't cross poo. The ball broke the plane a fraction of a second before the hit, Cam was a runner, and the defender didn't lead with his helmet.

If you seriously think that's a penalty, then you would quit watching football.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Seems some people need to stop watching football its too violent as people get hit by other people.

This isn't Denver and if you can't separate that from today then yea you won't be taken seriously as afootball fan and should do yourself a favor and stop watching...why do you like football anyhow if something like that bothers you? Not sure how you can reconcile the rest of the game if this bothers you.

Sure it was his fault but I also feel the shot by the defender was dirty and unnecessary. I felt like he launched himself and I also felt the same way when JStew took a shot to the knee against Washington entering the end zone. The sad reality of all this is, any grey area conduct on the field will never side with the Panthers for the way we "arrogantly" carried ourselves during the 2015 season. We brought it on ourselves now we must live with it. Keep Pounding

16 minutes ago, CyborgATF said:

I felt like he launched himself

But the definition of "launched" is feet off the ground, that didn't happen here.

Edit: on yet another look it seems that I was wrong about feet leaving the ground, but I still don't view it as launching, per se.

Also I don't believe Cam crossed before the hit, but regardless the ref didn't blow the whistle so the defender has to keep playing. He should have wrapped up and saved 2 points, but what he did wasn't illegal.

The only question I have on this play is who was Trai "taunting"?

Archived