• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

joe haden

juliosantos

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I had high hopes for Williams, but let's be honest, if he's not very good.  No huge shock, most 4th round OTs aren't.  

The last time he saw the field, it was at LG. He must have something they like, cuz he is still around.

12 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

The last time he saw the field, it was at LG. He must have something they like, cuz he is still around.

How long did guys like Chandler, Bell, and Foucault stick around?  When a team is weak at a particular position, marginal guys can hang around uncomfortably long.

I'm not saying Williams sucks and should definitely be cut, I'm just saying if he was the answer at RT then he would've put Remmers on the bench.  Rivera commented more than once that they were disappointed that Williams didn't push Remmers more in camp.  Sounded like they expected and wanted a competition, but Williams didn't do anything to create one.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How long did guys like Chandler, Bell, and Foucault stick around?  When a team is weak at a particular position, marginal guys can hang around uncomfortably long.

I'm not saying Williams sucks and should definitely be cut, I'm just saying if he was the answer at RT then he would've put Remmers on the bench.  Rivera commented more than once that they were disappointed that Williams didn't push Remmers more in camp.  Sounded like they expected and wanted a competition, but Williams didn't do anything to create one.

Let's be honest. At present, none of those guys would even make this team. So it really is not fair to make that comparison.

I would like to state that I have not watched the whole replay of the Atl. game, but so far. Williams has looked better than I was expecting. He has not allowed anyone near Cam, and is doing well in the run game. No glaring mistakes, he looking good so far. Only 2 drives in, so take that for what it's worth.

I think there are a lot of people frustrated that Daryl hasn't done more. But like you said, he was a 4th rounder. Sometimes you just don't get what you were hoping for that late in the draft. It is frustrating though, when you are hoping for improvement, and there is none.

I'll have to finish watching the Atl. game to have a better grasp. Once that is done, I will come back with my impressions. I know, yea, more hubby, it's what the world needs.

3 off seasons and the Panthers still are without a franchise OT, a play making WR, a pass rushing threat, and a franchise CB.

DTs in 2013 and that is all she wrote.

Maybe we were spoiled with the previous rebuild leading to a franchise OT for 11 seasons, 2 play making WRs together for 6 seasons, 1 play making WR for 12 seasons, a premier pass rusher for 12 seasons, a strong pass rushing duo for 9 seasons, and a good franchise caliber CB for 15 seasons. All those spots were secured in the first 3 years of the rebuild, and that included a SB appearance.

Why was it not difficult to fill those spots before, and now it seems impossible?

That is right, the previous regime made moves instead of wasting time on experiments.

Go get Thomas and Haden if they are available. Stop wasting time with these popsicle stick player projects.

50 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

3 off seasons and the Panthers still are without a franchise OT, a play making WR, a pass rushing threat, and a franchise CB.

DTs in 2013 and that is all she wrote.

Maybe we were spoiled with the previous rebuild leading to a franchise OT for 11 seasons, 2 play making WRs together for 6 seasons, 1 play making WR for 12 seasons, a premier pass rusher for 12 seasons, a strong pass rushing duo for 9 seasons, and a good franchise caliber CB for 15 seasons. All those spots were secured in the first 3 years of the rebuild, and that included a SB appearance.

Why was it not difficult to fill those spots before, and now it seems impossible?

That is right, the previous regime made moves instead of wasting time on experiments.

Go get Thomas and Haden if they are available. Stop wasting time with these popsicle stick player projects.

The previous regime wasnt as good as our current one.  fugin deal with it already

5 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

The previous regime wasnt as good as our current one.  fugin deal with it already

To be fair, Haden and Thomas would help immensely.  But, this whole team sucks right now.  So getting them will help.  But, we'll still suck.  Thanks Gettlemen!  Thumbs up!  

Archived