• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To add some salt. Let's take a look at the last 8 SB losing teams.

pstall

4 hours ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

lets not forget the 2004 Panthers started that season 1-7 ... ended up finishing 7-9 and almost sneaking into the playoffs.

we're 1-4 ... so yeah, anything is still possible. and we haven't been decimated by the injury bug like we were in 2004. I think smitty broke his leg the very first game. 

Those 04 Panthers (injuries, 1-7 start and all) were in the playoffs heading into week 17 and a home win over the saints away from being the 5 seed. As bad as it has looked so far, all is not lost yet but they need to clean up those mistakes 

4 hours ago, pstall said:

All but the 2008 Patriots made the playoffs and that team was 11-5. Eleven wins.

Every single team won DOUBLE digits the following year and from 2009 to 2015 they ALL made the playoffs.  The last 4 at least winning a game or won their division. 

This team is easily the worst SB losing team of the last 10 yrs 

You have to go back to the 2004 season Raiders after losing the SB that was the lowest win total. They went 4-12. I went back to 2000 and teams either won 7 or more games outside of Oakland. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000668831/article/panthers-battling-history-in-super-bowl-return-quest

Pour some sugar on me...

We may be the first team that won 15 games the year prior and not get 10+ wins the next season. I made the Raiders comparison a couple days ago. Difference is, they lost a lot of players on D and Tim Brown and jerry rice both left if I am not mistaken.

Archived