• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera presser

CarolinaSunday

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

No it's about saying you're done taking it up the rear for the league. The Jets/Giants aren't consistently rail roaded by officials and bs league decisions. If you didn't get that from the post and think that has anything to do with the 3 phases of the game you are twice as retarded as I already think you are. Follow along kiddo it's not hard.

I'll help some more since you need it. The shield at mid field represents the shield above all else and we are saying that should change...the team should be more of a priority than his love for the league. Ya know ...like most teams.

kobe-laugh.gif

28 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Do what? These are just the same canned John Foxesque shift the blame answers we've been seeing all along from Ron.

As for Newton. He hates losing, you shove a microphone in his or anyone else's face literally right after a loss against a bitter division rival on the road, you're not going to get sunshine, and rainbows. If a press conference is what it takes to get your attention as a fan, you are simply doing it wrong. I don't give a damn if any of our players walk out of these press conferences. All it is is a shitshow where our local media digs for a story to selfishly further their own interests anyways. This bullshit literally has less than zero impact on whether we win or lose on gameday.

He's not even keeping an even keel so much as that is his only temperament. In order to stay cool and even you'd need to actually show something else ever.

Also it is a poo show an the press conference poo is nonsense and they only ever want to talk to the QB...should rotate.

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

He's not even keeping an even keel so much as that is his only temperament. In order to stay cool and even you'd need to actually show something else ever.

Also it is a poo show an the press conference poo is nonsense and they only ever want to talk to the QB...should rotate.

I've seen him angry.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I've seen him angry.

We've all seen him angry that one time. It wasn't even the worst thing and he got mad at it so yea...

I'd expect to see something out of 1 of either of the 100 STs penalties Williams gets among lots of other poo but the meme is the meme for a reason around here.

13 hours ago, top dawg said:

What do you want him to say? The damned line sucks? Was it his fault last season when the line was getting pressure? What's changed? Give me a break! You're talking about a two-time COTY!

Yes two time COTY with only two winning seasons out of 5 about to be six if this continues.All of Ron success had come under Dave  All our success in the last 5 years have come under Dave. What changed? nothing because under Ron we always start of slow and now the players look unmotivated.why does it take him until year 6 and a 1 and 5 start to come out and say he need to adjust? When your not adjusting you are putting your players in a position to fail. We have a once and generation QB and LB 8-10 players that are top 5 to 10 at their position. All i want is for Ron to adjust and coach better and hopefully we can start winning.    

1 hour ago, Benotheking said:

Yes two time COTY with only two winning seasons out of 5 about to be six if this continues.All of Ron success had come under Dave  All our success in the last 5 years have come under Dave. What changed? nothing because under Ron we always start of slow and now the players look unmotivated.why does it take him until year 6 and a 1 and 5 start to come out and say he need to adjust? When your not adjusting you are putting your players in a position to fail. We have a once and generation QB and LB 8-10 players that are top 5 to 10 at their position. All i want is for Ron to adjust and coach better and hopefully we can start winning.    

So you are suggesting to me, with a straight face, that Rivera has never made adjustments? Do you not understand coach-speak? You can't become two-time COTY without making adjustments. You can't mistake yourself into COTY twice. Sure, Ron's success as a head coach has been under Gettleman, and Gettleman's success as a GM has been with Ron as HC. I could argue that Rivera has succeeded notwithstanding Getty's penchant for big men at the expense of other positions, but I won't. When Rivera took over here, the team was in an abject mess, worse than when Gettleman arrived. Surely you can't blame Rivera for J-Rich's maneuverings and Hurney's dealings. Everyone knew, or should have known, that we were years away from being contenders. The truth is, Ron Rivera has done a pretty damned good job, considering...Now, you can only live on borrowed time for so long. All of the skimping and trying to get by on the cheap has finally come home to roost. Sure, Rivera's coaching hasn't been perfect, and the biggest problem that he has in my opinion is loyalty. He is too loyal, and too conservative in regards to shaking things up among his coaching ranks and personnel-wise. This is the thing that may get him fired. But, the truth is, if he were fired, he wouldn't be without a head coaching gig for long. He would get an HC job before G-man gets another GM job. You can take that to the bank!

56 minutes ago, top dawg said:

So you are suggesting to me, with a straight face, that Rivera has never made adjustments? Do you not understand coach-speak? You can't become two-time COTY without making adjustments. You can't mistake yourself into COTY twice. Sure, Ron's success as a head coach has been under Gettleman, and Gettleman's success as a GM has been with Ron as HC. I could argue that Rivera has succeeded notwithstanding Getty's penchant for big men at the expense of other positions, but I won't. When Rivera took over here, the team was in an abject mess, worse than when Gettleman arrived. Surely you can't blame Rivera for J-Rich's maneuverings and Hurney's dealings. Everyone knew, or should have known, that we were years away from being contenders. The truth is, Ron Rivera has done a pretty damned good job, considering...Now, you can only live on borrowed time for so long. All of the skimping and trying to get by on the cheap has finally come home to roost. Sure, Rivera's coaching hasn't been perfect, and the biggest problem that he has in my opinion is loyalty. He is too loyal, and too conservative in regards to shaking things up among his coaching ranks and personnel-wise. This is the thing that may get him fired. But, the truth is, if he were fired, he wouldn't be without a head coaching gig for long. He would get an HC job before G-man gets another GM job. You can take that to the bank!

We were not expected to go 12-4 and 15-1 in 2013 and 2015. That's why he won COTY how about the other 3 year he had as an head coaching? when you have more losing then winning season that's not good but that not his fault right ? Ron had two losing season an 6 -10 and a 7-9 before Dave came he has an 12-4 and 15-1 record after Dave who is making who ?  2011 and 2012 team had enough talent to  have a winning season. We had a once in generation QB and LB the best running back tandem the best tight end tandem a top 5 wr all pro LT and C and above average LG and RG a top 10 CB 2 good DE Dwan Edwards  TD Beason Anderson Godfrey a pro bowl FB and bunch to average players in 2011 and 2012 and still couldn't win because of coaching mistake. How many big lead did we have under Ron and let it slip away because of coaching mistakes. Ron does not adjust he didn't even adjust in the Superbowl the whole Denver team came out and said we did not adjust in the second half. if we didn't adjust in the Superbowl what makes think he does it often ? We had countless of big leads and allow teams to come back that because of lack of adjustment.Ron came out in his presser and said i need to look around the NFL to adjust that should indicate he does not adjust. Loyalty is the wrong fault of Ron as a head coach? You can't be serious. lack of management lack of adjustment lack of situational football lack of clock management poor use of time out i could keep going on and on . Add the fact he has 1 win of the bye slow starts and 2 winning season of 5 years  Ron got past over more then 4 times for a coaching job for a reason if Hurney didn't hire him he would still be a coordinator he might get another head coaching job but i would bet my bottom dollar it won't last longer then 2 years. 

You just basically glossed over the fact that Rivera inherited a train wreck, and that he has arguably done more with less, and the fact still remains that he is a two-time COTY, and that that's hardly by mistake.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think Ron or Dave is going anywhere. Hopefully they'll get things worked out, starting with the offseason, because I don't have any clue what the hell they are doing now, especially Dave.

Archived