• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How good have Gettleman's drafts been?

MVPccaffrey

17 hours ago, Camvp said:

Really, if anything, I wish DG could get as many draft picks as those other GMs, as he's hitting on them like no one else. 

Yes, you are right about this. Gettleman's biggest asset, though, has been in pulling players off of other team's trash heaps and turning them into solid contributors here. He may be one of the best discount store shoppers to have managed a team in the NFL recently.

People have been big on wanting to throw him under the bus so far this season, but we're living in a "What have you done for me lately?" kind of world. There's no patience and little understanding of long-range pictures.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Yes, you are right about this. Gettleman's biggest asset, though, has been in pulling players off of other team's trash heaps and turning them into solid contributors here. He may be one of the best discount store shoppers to have managed a team in the NFL recently.

People have been big on wanting to throw him under the bus so far this season, but we're living in a "What have you done for me lately?" kind of world. There's no patience and little understanding of long-range pictures.

Some people are, yes, but to me he could have done a little more  to improve this season  and long range.

We can still salvage this thing as long as we keep winning and get some help by our division foes losing, but it didn't have to be so difficult. 

Just now, top dawg said:

Some people are, yes, but to me he could have done a little more  to imprive this season  and longrange.

We can still salvage this thing as long as we keep winning and get some help by our division foes losing, but it didn't have to be so difficult. 

The problem with being manager is that you hire folks based on promise, potential and past performance. And sometimes they come out as duds. Sometimes a whole bunch of them come out as duds.

I'm still giving him high marks as GM for the team so far in his career.

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Two things happened those years that the educated call outliers. 15-1 never happens no matter how good you are and you never make the playoffs at 7-8-1. But feel free to use whatever flawed data that you want to make your case. 

So it doesn't count because reasons...Gotcha.

Archived