• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith: A Football Life 11.18.16

Datawire

10 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I mean if we're talking straight mass it's not a hard hole to fill, 5'9, roughly 190lbs. 

Smitty plays like he's 6'5" though. 

I have no hate in my heart for him. 

I will be at his hall of fame inductment ceremony, but I would pay big money just to see him play one more snap in a panthers uni.

28 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

STEVE SMITH A FOOTBALL LIFE

**clips of steve smith being a dick and talking coercively about how he's a humble hard workin american and everybody should follow his example**

STEVE SMITH A FOOTBALL LIFE

From 1935 - 2005 there are Fifteen members that have received a Triple Crown award as a wide out. Steve Smith is on that list out of 73 years of players awarded. As a Carolina Panther he is on that list. So, I don't quite understand your point.

17 minutes ago, Datawire said:

From 1935 - 2005 there are Fifteen members that have received a Triple Crown award as a wide out. Steve Smith is on that list out of 73 years of players awarded. As a Carolina Panther he is on that list. So, I don't quite understand your point.

and lawrence taylor is one of the most legendary and game changing players of all time. he's also a registered sex offender.

1 hour ago, Montsta said:

Are they gonna talk about how him and Cam butted heads and that's why they let him go?

Thats what I read earlier today. 

They did.

Gross and Proehl talked about it.

They basically said Cam would keep messing up and Steve was not going to tolerate it. That led people in the team (Probably Gettleman and Rivera) to believe the Smith would hurt Cam's emotional growth.

The show made it look like Delhomme could handle Steve and Cam was unable to lead Steve and the offense like Delhomme. Gross and Proehl made it appear the team was coddling Cam Newton as though he had a fragile psyche that Steve Smith would break.

I was always of the opinion that if Steve Smith does not make you a better player, then that means something is wrong with that player and maybe they are not mentally tough enough for the NFL. In that case move on.

I think Cam would have developed the same, if not better, with Steve. Yes, it may have been rough for Cam making all those mistakes, but at least someone would hold him accountable. I do not care who the QB is (Joe Montana or Cam Newton), a good/great WR must be able to hold their QB accountable in game and in practice. If the QBs feelings are hurt from their WR holding them accountable, then tough. They need to learn how to lead a team.

8 minutes ago, BigBoss said:

Good gosh In one play Steve blocked Von Miller better than garbage Remmers has ever in life. Lord if we could have had Steve instead of Jericho and Remmers we would have won the super bowl no question emoji30.pngemoji30.pngemoji30.pngemoji30.png

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

you missed the part where the panthers lost that game by like 20 points and steve smith stomped all secondaries to help the panthers finish 7-9

one of the most annoying things people do here is take our team in any given year at face value and adding somebody to the top of it and that's automatically supposed to have gotten us 2 or 3 more wins, or 24 more points in the superbowl, or the construction of additional pylons. this completely ignores every other intricacy or facet to the game that doesn't get translated into a number on nfl.com and limits every discussion to stat-whoring and over-analysis.

you guys have the evidence right in front of you where teams that bring in a ton of players don't go anywhere and it happens every single season and every single season you guys still make the same fuging points. so the 2015 team could've looked entirely different with steve smith on it. but no, the chips do not fall exactly the way they did the whole year, except smith adds 900 receiving yards and turns aqib talib into a sock puppet in the superbowl and also neutralizes von miller by just staring at him the whole game. that's not how the fuging game works.

10 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I love me some frash, but him on the subject of Steve Smith is like TonyN or Grits discussing Cam Newton.

Meh.

sorry dude, smith shackled this team for years while he was dancing all over the field. he bullied receivers, basically emasculated one of the coaches, punched teammates, and got away with all of it basically because he is manipulative enough to fall into favor with ownership (his meal ticket).

4 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

sorry dude, smith shackled this team for years while he was dancing all over the field. he bullied receivers, basically emasculated one of the coaches, punched teammates, and got away with all of it basically because he is manipulative enough to fall into favor with ownership (his meal ticket).

I don't honestly disagree with a lot of that. But what's done is done. His time as a Panther is cemented, good or bad.

What baffles me, through all the things you mentioned above, he was still all but worshipped here by fans at the time. But fast forward to now, if Newton so much as frowns in a press conference, it's the end of the world. Funny how things change.  

11 hours ago, frash.exe said:

My advice is don't watch Smitty's HOF acceptance speech. Doesn't sound like your kind of party.

Archived