• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At what record (point) would YOU pull the trigger?????

AKPantherFan

I agree with you, but if we drop the next two (more so the redskins game after the BYE- then its time)

The dALLAS game is a toss-up, it will COME DOWN TO COACHING, but even if we drop that one, to come out after a bye and lose to the Skins would be the tipping point.

Fox has had too much time to get his poo together.

I seriously doubt Richardson would ever fire a coach mid season.

However if the Redskins come in here 1-3 Zorn will probably be about to lose his.

When the QB consistently gives/almost gives the last 7 games away and the QBs backing him up are not sufficient because they have not been acknowledged enough by coaches for them to even perform in the QB position and the Def has fallen apart under a Def minded coach and the special teams cannot even stop a GD run back and and and and and and and and OH the humantitty OMG I'm outta breaths. uh......

That's when.

I say pull it now. This season is going to be a throw away anyway. Might as well use it as a chance to get practice in with a new staff. Then, next year...or whenever JR finally makes a move...won't be a learning year, as the team will already have most of a season under it's belt already. The sooner, the better. Get the team moving forward instead of stagnating.

I say pull it now. This season is going to be a throw away anyway. Might as well use it as a chance to get practice in with a new staff. Then, next year...or whenever JR finally makes a move...won't be a learning year, as the team will already have most of a season under it's belt already. The sooner, the better. Get the team moving forward instead of stagnating.

What about the Atl Faggins' "Learning Year"? That was one quick damn year. Who needs a year if you have the right players and staff. Look at all the 1st year coaches having amazing success right now with only 1 training camp behind them.

I posted this back earlier in the year.

Not for any intrinsic faith that I have in the JF--I still need to have my skepticism disproven, but rather at this point, almost all the head coaching candidates that I would have chosen to replace him are gone. I actually wanted Jim Scwhartz--he's gone, to Detroit. After that, I would have taken Rex Ryan--he's gone, or soon to be gone to the Jets. I would have also taken Spagnuolo--gone to the Rams, or Josh McDaniels--gone to Denver. At this point, we'd be taking a pot-shot at a guy from the best of the rest. We might luck out, or we might not. I think it would make more sense to wait until 2010.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that our playoff run has interfered with our ability to get a better HC. I'm still hoping this guy has actually learned something. If we're lucky, with the parity of teams in the league next year, we might actually be able to accomplish winning the SB, despite his monumental f**k-ups this (and pasts) season. If not, I can handle 1 more year of Fox digging his own grave if I know that at the end of that year, we'll have some pretty good Candidates available, and a real case for change. Guys with Rings, Cowher, Shanahan (not my choice, but he does have 2), off-chance of Dungy being available, as well as unforseen coaches that step up and distinguish themselves through performance next season. The "Ringers" have built championship teams and actually delivered, and if I have to go through another season of watching the Fox make some idiotic choices to get one of them in here, I might be able to deal with that.

Dungy is busy with Vick and thats a full time job in its self. I would have to agree 0-4 its time to go and I'm not sold on keeping him after a dallas loss. Fox has never put together back to back winning records. His excuse is always injuries, well guess what every team has injuries. The Pats lost their QB (HOF I may add) and went 10-6, barely missing the playoffs. I really hope Hurney is gone after this season, he has mortgaged our future to save his skin.

I think if we go maybe 0-10 Fox will resign. But I don't think Richardson will let him go after 4 games regardless. It's been said...but who would take his place?

PLus, we don't have a first round draft pick next year (could be top 10) and so starting over from scratch in the middle of the season would be kinda stupid. We can't rebuild. Doesn't make much sense to scrap everything after just 4 games, because how could we take our season seriously when we already admitted ultimate defeat.

We could easily go 0-4, but right now I think we have a better chance of coming out the next 2 games at 2-2. I think if we win this Dallas game it could be a catalyst.

At 0-3 I would probably give up on my playoff hopes. At 0-4 I would assume that Fox was on his way out. But I expect that to come at the end of the season.

Mt best guess is that this team, just like all of his underachieving seasons, will come out 7-9 yet again. Supporters will say he was a genius just to get us to 7 wins. Maybe he gets another chance, esp. if they trade Pep or Stewart (not that I want to see that) for a #1 pick and get a QB or DE.

Anything less that 7 wins and I think Fox, Hurney, and maybe even Meeks would be out.

What about the Atl Faggins' "Learning Year"? That was one quick damn year. Who needs a year if you have the right players and staff. Look at all the 1st year coaches having amazing success right now with only 1 training camp behind them.

I would be ecstatic if the Panthers could turn themselves around in one season, and have a consistently winning organization. Look at teams like the Lions, Browns and Raiders, however, who've been bottom dwellers for years. Then there's teams like the Broncos who haven't found the right combination, yet. The Cardinals and Fish finally got it right, and are contenders. Even the Cowboys can be grouped with the Chargers and Saints as teams who seem to have the pieces, yet can't get over the hump. Creating a consistent winner in the NFL isn't easy.

It all starts at the top with how long it takes JR to make a change, and who he brings in. Which one of these categories will we fall into? We can only speculate. Will they bring in someone like Wisenhunt, Parcells or Caughlin, all of whom we've passed at least once, or will we get someone like Wade Phillips, Dick Juron or Norv Effin Turner. Given JRs conservatism, however, I'm guessing we'll get another John Fox and stay pretty much where we are right now.

I think Seifert was a rare case, he had Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young and other great players. I don't think that if we hired, say, Dungy, we'll be THAT bad.

Seifert took over the Bill Walsh system much like Barry Switzer took over Jimmy Johnsons, then saw it slowly deteriorate after early success. Both the Cowboys and 49ers have been barely treading water since then, The 49ers finally have themselves a head coach, the Cowboys not so much.

Here's one more coach looking for work.

t1_billick_ap.jpg

I think Seifert was a rare case, he had Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young and other great players. I don't think that if we hired, say, Dungy, we'll be THAT bad.

the front office is in love with Dungy, but he also had Manning, so you can't really use that. Dungy was awful on his offense in Tampa, though we're styled to what he'd want, and even though Dungy kept good defenses, people would rather have exciting defense than good apparently.

Seifert took over the Bill Walsh system much like Barry Switzer took over Jimmy Johnsons, then saw it slowly deteriorate after early success. Both the Cowboys and 49ers have been barely treading water since then, The 49ers finally have themselves a head coach, the Cowboys not so much.

Here's one more coach looking for work.

t1_billick_ap.jpg

That's a good point. He knows a good bit about the Panthers too. Question is, and I don't mean to hijack, what kind of system would that be?

Archived